Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i was looking on petlink an australian website for people to advertise animals for sale and give away. Well i came this
willing to swap 12wk old male purebred golden retriever puppy fully vaccinated, wormed & vet checked for any of the following parrots to the same value or cash difference(puppy value is $750)
Alexandrine parrots
Eclectus parrots
King parrots
Rosella's
sun Conures
Quakers
or a combination of above parrots!
the link http://www.petlink.com.au/Classifieds/sale/1464114.html

How could someone own a puppy for 3 or more weeks then want to get rid of it. But then i can understand if it didn't suit them then its best for the puppy. I have some parrots i'm trying to sell but only have 1 the species his after. So i emailed him anyway asking if the puppy came from a registered breeder, I also mentioned the parrots i'm trying to sell and see if his interested.

·
Registered
306 Posts
it's sad that some people have such lack of heart.

however, if said person is so willing to give away the pup, he'll probably find a more appreciative home where he ends up.

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
Do you think it could be the last one in a litter his dog had?

I wouldn't have a bird in any case so can't imagine trading a puppy for one.

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
There are lots of breeders who have a 'no return' policy, or they won't buy a pup back or they give the new owners a hard time for not wanting to keep a pup (rather than screening people better in the first place and making sure they know what they are getting into). Someone wants a puppy, makes a call and picks up puppy same day, THEN realizes how much work they are or that they aren't just cute balls of fluff that never bite, bark or leak.... so they just as quickly decide to get rid of the pup and either the breeder won't hear of it (usually because they are only in it for making cash so don't want to return money, or they don't want to bother with an older pup to sell because they have younger ones on the way) or they figure they'll get a better offer online....

Lana

1 - 4 of 4 Posts