Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SIMBA is 16 weeks old now. He has white face only but body in golden color. In 8 weeks it was around eyes and nose now his full face is white. Our vet said there is nothing wrong with him. We love him anyways and it's like his own unique identification. But Is it common thing for golden puppy? Ur thoughts please..

·
Kristy
9,476 Posts
He is adorable and no it is not common. Have you asked his breeder? Do you have a photo to post of him at 8 weeks or younger? Some people go gray at a very young age, I have an aunt who was gray in her 20's and another friend as well, my thought is that this is driven by the same genetics. Simba is still so young though. So glad that the vet has no concern, you could always look for a second opinion if you worry. He is very cute.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
His mom was 2 years old , simba is 1st litter to his mom. She has some white spots near nose and eyes. We are not sure about the father.

·
Premium Member
18,148 Posts
Have you asked the breeder about it? Do any of the other puppies had the same coat changes? Not making accusations, but it's possible for there to be more than one father for a litter. Could another dog have gotten to her in addition to the Golden Retriever male?

·
Premium Member
18,148 Posts
Do you have pictures of him when he was 8 weeks and younger?

·
Registered
989 Posts
It can happen. My mother bought a Shetland Sheepdog once. This puppy grew to be at least 70 pounds.....obviously not a Sheltie. She said "he's a little big for a Sheltie". I told her that he was a little big for a collie. He was a BIG dog! I think she ended up with a Sheltie/Collie mix. He was AKC registered as a Shetland Sheepdog. She swore he was a "throwback". Super cute puppy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He had this white fur around his eyes and nose earlier.
Simba in 8weeks old ,when we picked up
20200731_163249.jpg

Simba is 2 or 3 weeks old in here,
imagejpeg_0_16.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts