Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone is familiar with the Whistle activity monitor, which attaches to your dog's collar and keeps track of their activity level. They are coming out with a new system the beginning of 2015 that not only tracks the dog's activity, but also has a GPS in it so if your fur baby gets lost you can track him or her. The current pre-order price is $129 with a $5 monthly fee.

I just did the pre-order. I thought I would share it on here for anyone who doesn't know about it. Especially after seeing so many lost dog postings on here and on Facebook. I know I'll definitely feel more comfortable with Ella having this.

Here is a pre-order link. https://preorder.whistle.com/lkl3h7 When you pre-order for each person you refer you get a $20 discount. There is no limit on the referrals and if you have five of them you get the unit for free.

Here is the link for the website with the info about it on there: WhistleGPS - location and activity tracker for dogs

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Just as an FYI, dogs registered in the GRLS will be getting the whitle gps as part of the study. I believe we get them in the spring.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
One of the other owners at the dog park had a similar device on her two Labs and ended up disconnecting the service. The units would break easily and not to mention run out of battery quickly.

She also said if you try to cancel membership it is a royal pain in the butt to do so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know if anyone is familiar with the Whistle activity monitor, which attaches to your dog's collar and keeps track of dog activity. They are coming out with a new dog tracking system the beginning of 2015 that not only tracks the dog's activity, but also has a GPS in it so if your fur baby gets lost you can track him or her. The current pre-order price is $129 with a $5 monthly fee.

I just did the pre-order. I thought I would share it on here for anyone who doesn't know about it. Especially after seeing so many lost dog postings on here and on Facebook. I know I'll definitely feel more comfortable with Ella having this.

Here is a pre-order link. https://preorder.whistle.com/lkl3h7 When you pre-order for each person you refer you get a $20 discount. There is no limit on the referrals and if you have five of them you get the unit for free.

Here is the link for the website with the info about it on there: WhistleGPS - location and activity tracker for dogs
You are so kind and caring. Thank you so much for sharing, I can't wait to try Whistle. After using it for 2 weeks, I found it has become indispensable to me. I live in a mountain pasture in the western countryside of Colorado. Without a GPS tracker, I would not dare to let my dog out and play alone, otherwise it would be almost impossible for me to find a fast-moving dog here. After I confirmed that Whistle was able to provide me with its location in time, I finally let it go and play freely. I can always see where it is and keep it safe. It reduces my anxiety.

·
Super Moderator
1,626 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone has had success using this product in a rural area with spotty cell service. I am on Verizon. I realize the original post is old but the product still exists. I am not really interested in spend 600+ dollars on a tracker. Oskie is usually on a long lead but he has spontaneous run off on a few occasions. As we are surrounded by wilderness I am looking for something that will work in an emergency to locate him. Any experience with this product would be helpful to have shared. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts