Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 year old girl, Popcorn, has been whining and acting "sad" all day, she brings me a toy and wants to play, but if I stop she goes back into her funk. She was just in heat in april, so I can't imagine it's that. Any ideas?

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I wonder if she is having a false pregnancy. Never having experienced with any of my dogs but I have heard they can act different after it.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Sophie used to be the same thing, and sometimes still does. My solution was to get her another golden playmate.... lazy me, refused to be her entertainment commitee 24/7.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Sophie used to be the same thing, and sometimes still does. My solution was to get her another golden playmate.... lazy me, refused to be her entertainment commitee 24/7.

LOL me too!! Sam has always been a whiney dog... and he got obsessive about indoor fetch to the point that almost the entire evening I was home from work he was either begging me to play fetch, or whining about me taking a break from the non-stop fetch game. I started to realize I was just not entertaining enough for him, nor did I want him to be overly dependant on me to be his sole source of entertainment.

So I got him a friend. And the obsessive fetch games stopped. He's still a whiner though.. LOL but that has lessened drastically too. Some dogs just need a friend I think. Sam has become an entirely different dog since we brought Dillon home.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Misty is a whiner too...and wants me to play 24/7.... she needs a friend, but we are not ready to get her one yet...so I deal with the whining. Poor baby

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
popcorn wants to be a mom

We sspoke with our Vet today, he thinks she is having a false pregnancy. He told us the toy she has been carrying around and licking is a substitute for a pup. LOL. It's actually kind of sad to watch. I do think we may have to get her a friend. thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
popcorn's new friend

Popi has a new little buddy. Sunny joined us Wednesday. We hope the become best friends.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
You added another one?! Wow! That was quick!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
KD is a winer - oh my God does she wine. She wants to be touched all the time when she's not sleeping. She has her sister Karma to play with and it's more like human siblings the way they play - biting each other etc. It's never ending. I think it's better to have two from different families. Anyone know if sisters and brothers fight as much as two from different moms?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
He's beautiful!!! And the kids seem to like him!
Definitely worth the wait for the pics:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sunny is a good pup, He is great with the kids, and is learning alot from Popcorn. It's fun to watch the two dogs play.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Oh he is a cutie. Love the big smiles on the kid's faces. Congrats and hopefully him and Popcorn become the best of buddies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts