Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Daisy-Broken Heart Healer
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still chuckling over my lunchtime mistake yesterday. Since Annie has been known to counter surf, we are all extremely careful about leaving things alone on the counter if we need to leave the kitchen. However, yesterday, my top piece of bread from a sandwich "vanished" while I was literally inches from it--I was still touching the countertop! I had made my sandwich, and without moving my feet, I looked in another direction. When I looked back, the bread was gone. Annie was still sitting next to me on the floor--looking very innocent. I even questioned whether I had put the bread on top of the sandwich. I quickly determined that somehow, while in stealth mode, Annie did indeed jump up, grab and eat the bread, in a matter of seconds. So I asked her (out loud, of course) "did you just eat my bread?" She wagged her tail and then belched very loudly. I took that as her confession.

And, yes, I did just put another piece of bread on top and ate the sandwich. I'm a veteran dog owner.:bowl:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Too funny and I can visualize the entire thing. My favourite part is "So I asked her (out loud, of course) "did you just eat my bread?" She wagged her tail and then belched very loudly." Don't you wish you had a video camera to save that stuff.

·
Daisy-Broken Heart Healer
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too funny and I can visualize the entire thing. My favourite part is "So I asked her (out loud, of course) "did you just eat my bread?" She wagged her tail and then belched very loudly." Don't you wish you had a video camera to save that stuff.
Yes, I do wish I had a video camera recording all the cute antics! When my husband is out of town, he calls home and I have to describe what the dogs have been up to (and sometimes I tell him what our 4 human kids are doing too).

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
LOL I lost out on a filet mignon dinner once.... asked my boyfriend to watch my plate on the counter while I ran to the 7-11 across the street to buy a soda. When I came back he was in the kitchen and said "Wow did you eat already?" and I said "Uh.. no, remember when I asked you to watch my plate?" and I had a very satisfied looking dog laying on the floor... :rolleyes:

Serves me right asking a man to do anything. LOL

·
Registered
869 Posts
LOL Too funny. We were laughing about this the other day, our Golden that we lost in April would snatch sandwiches if you didn't guard the counter. When we got her my youngest son was pretty small & she would snatch it out of his hands. That dog loved PB & J.
We use to go one place to eat & I would always bring a brownie home to have later. Everytime that dog would find it, even on the back of the counter. One day I left it in the truck by mistake. After I got home I realized I needed milk & took the dog along. While I was in the store she got that brownie again! SHe left the napkin.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Very funny. I'd love to see that!

We don't get those funny moments: Our Penny is very respectful of our food. We can leave a steak dinner plate on the footstool, leave the room and it will still be there, untouched.

I'm sure if we left for the day, though....:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts