Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a momentary freak out - feeling my 2 year old's neck and noticed a bigger than rice shaped bump under the skin behind the ears on the left side of neck .

Google images showed what I felt and pretty sure it's the microchip she got before I got her.

Anyone have issues with the microchip moving? Read it should be between the shoulder blades.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yes Roxy's has moved. We know this because the vet could not find it at first. It is a little further down her back than usual placement.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I would get her scanned to be sure..could also be a BB or even buckshot pellets. Unfortunately have felt alot of those :( and they feel similar.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Microchips can move even down into the legs & sometimes even get lost, I had a husky years ago that I had chipped & we scanned to make sure it was there but a year later rescanned & could not be located anywhere. I have heard of other dogs who were microchipped but it had moved down near the feet or could not be located even when checked by different scanners & people.
Microchips are law here but still not 100% proof so if a dog is lost it is always best to check the animal shelters personally for just in case.
As for the lump yr dog has it might be best checked by a vet on their next visit, it may be nothing but better to be sure.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts