Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a momentary freak out - feeling my 2 year old's neck and noticed a bigger than rice shaped bump under the skin behind the ears on the left side of neck .

Google images showed what I felt and pretty sure it's the microchip she got before I got her.

Anyone have issues with the microchip moving? Read it should be between the shoulder blades.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yes Roxy's has moved. We know this because the vet could not find it at first. It is a little further down her back than usual placement.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I would get her scanned to be sure..could also be a BB or even buckshot pellets. Unfortunately have felt alot of those :( and they feel similar.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Microchips can move even down into the legs & sometimes even get lost, I had a husky years ago that I had chipped & we scanned to make sure it was there but a year later rescanned & could not be located anywhere. I have heard of other dogs who were microchipped but it had moved down near the feet or could not be located even when checked by different scanners & people.
Microchips are law here but still not 100% proof so if a dog is lost it is always best to check the animal shelters personally for just in case.
As for the lump yr dog has it might be best checked by a vet on their next visit, it may be nothing but better to be sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It does not cause any harm if it does move, just makes it harder to detect so the person may have to go over the whole body when looking for it.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts