Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :wavey:
So does anyone have a place where they love to buy their collars?

I am looking for a collar for my girl but I can't seem to find one that I like! I was hoping to find a nice leather one...maybe etched with roses or something, but I don't want to spend $100 on a collar right now... :doh:

I'd love any suggestions!! Thanks :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
I actually saw some really nice plain leather ones in Petsmart on the weekend!

·
Lost in Fur Land
168 Posts
Petsmart had a bunch of really nice high quality leather collars. I cant get Cooper to sit still long enough to get his on and off though :doh:

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
We usually get ours at PetCo or on ebay. We only buy the Lupine ones. They last forever and are guaranteed for life. In fact, I actually just ordered Tucker a new camo style Lupine on ebay last night since he's starting to outgrow the one he has now with all of that thick adult coat coming in around his neck. :bowl:

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
www.collarmania.com makes wonderful custom fabric or leather collars. For about$50. you can get a leather collar with her name embroidered on it, even with conchos if you want. Here are the ones Lisa made for us:

I think if you click on them they'll turn HUGE. If not, they're on my profile pics..

Also, I just got the girls some batik hearts collars from here. She does exquisite work. http://www.2houndsdesign.com/Geometric-Collars-c-1.html

Also, www.pacocollars.com makes awesome leather collars, but they are pretty pricey.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have photo collars that I love for my dogs.. YOu take a good shot and your dogs photo is on their collar.. I think it is snapfish, that does that.
I have many dog collars, a few golden retriever collars, and a nice leather collar, I bought at a dog show.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I love the Lupine collars. I saw a catalog yesterday with different colors. I may have to get a couple more. I like bright colors on my lab. Teddi has a nice blue one with bones on it. It looks sharp on her.

Collar Mania, I looked at their site, I liked their collars I just never got around to ordering one.

I also want to find nice CHEAP collars for the holidays to dress the dogs up. I probably should watch Petsmart.

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
I get my "pretty" collars at our local Petstore called PetSmart. We have a few leather collars that I got from Gun Dog Supply. They are nice and inexpensive! Plus the come with brass ID plates. http://www.gundogsupply.com/collars.html

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, thank you everybody!! You guys rock! :jamming:

I skimmed through a couple of those websites.... there are some very nice collars. I'm going to go through those and I'll post pics whenever I get one! ...lots and lots of pics! :p:

Thank you! :--heart:

·
Mom to Fyodor & Gibson
1,303 Posts
My favorite is the plain soft nylon quick release martingale collars from Cetacea Corp. I also have a martingale and a regular flat collar with the Golden Retriever and duck design on them that I bought online, but can't seem to remember the name of the e-store. I also like Lupine collars as well. They have really pretty designs and are great quality.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
We like the AKC brand ones, because they often have nice patterns and the colors stay well when they're washed (we run them through the dishwasher repeatedly to get the mold smell out). We also love Lupine, since they're color fast, tough, and guaranteed.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
My favorite is the plain soft nylon quick release martingale collars from Cetacea Corp. I also have a martingale and a regular flat collar with the Golden Retriever and duck design on them that I bought online, but can't seem to remember the name of the e-store. I also like Lupine collars as well. They have really pretty designs and are great quality.

We have some Cetacea collars too and LOVE the softness of them. The copper colored pattern one looks super on Penny.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
We usually get ours at PetCo or on ebay. We only buy the Lupine ones. They last forever and are guaranteed for life. In fact, I actually just ordered Tucker a new camo style Lupine on ebay last night since he's starting to outgrow the one he has now with all of that thick adult coat coming in around his neck. :bowl:
Vito has the camo lupine collar in the martingale style!

I am also going to say Lupine collars are the best!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Vito has the camo lupine collar in the martingale style!

I am also going to say Lupine collars are the best!
That's the exact same one I just bought Tucker! Now they're REALLY going to be twins! :bowl:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just purchased a custom made Indianapolis Colts collar for Bella from Ebay. I'm a big fan and its unlike the normal NFL collars that just say the team name.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Although they are not leather, and not customizable, I really like the Spiffy Dog collars. They are very light and dry quickly.
I just ordered Hank one of these along with the 3-in-1 matching leash. I ordered the medium size (1" wide, 13-20"). Right now he's wearing a small (3/4" wide, 10-15") which he's close to out growing. What size do your males wear when full grown? Do you think he'll need a large before he's finished?

He's growing so fast, when I got him less than 2 months ago, the small collar was so large he got his foot caught in in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts