Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Where did u get your dog name ?

62K views 223 replies 187 participants last post by  Miah 
#1 ·
Just curious and interest with that question...:scratchch

Probably i got Simba's name from his posture he looks like Simba The Lion King,,,:yipee:

So where did you get thename of your dog ?:confused:

#3 ·
thinking we had this thread before too but it's a fun one so i'll join in.

Lexie came from Alexis on General Hospital. LOL

Crap Bag well he came from FRIENDS and princess consuela banana hammock

Hooch came from Turner and Hooch and he just looks like a Hooch (no offense human Hooch)

#8 ·
Lexie came from Alexis on General Hospital. LOL

Crap Bag well he came from FRIENDS and princess consuela banana hammock

Hooch came from Turner and Hooch and he just looks like a Hooch (no offense human Hooch)
So Lisa....how about some pics of your crew....??? We haven't seen them for a WHILE.... ;)

Carson's name was picked because.....we liked it. :D Nothing special there... ;)

#15 ·
ditto -

and, you know, i was thinking about it - i've never named a pet before. they always have had a name when i got them. :p:

#5 ·
Oliver - the show Oliver Twist was a favourite of mine and my Oliver lives up to the pickpocketing actions of the real Oliver Twist. My Ollie will pickpocket anything he can out of your bathrobe pocket, your purse, etc, etc. If we can't find something, we just say "OLIVER"!!!!!!!!!

Now, Nygel,......... you must promise not to say anything to my husband about this!!!!!!!:crossfing I had a secret teenage crush on a boy named "Nygel" who spent the summers at his grandparents' cottage that was close to our family cottage. (The funny thing is that I actually met Nygel just 2 weeks ago at the cottage after not seeing him for over 30 years!!!!!! The crush is gone!:yuck:)

Reactions: jennretz
#7 ·
Yes, this thread was covered some months back, but who cares? Its a fun thread anyway!

SunnyRose was born here in my kitchen, only female in the litter. I gave all the puppies names and hers was Rosie and she had a little pink thread around her neck. When she was 8 weeks old we decided to keep her but she didn't fit her name. One day she and I were out in the dogrun and she was jumping and playing like a little nut. I said "boy, you are the sunniest little puppy I have ever had!" Bingo, her name was born -- SUNNYROSE

Jasmine got her name through television. The morning we were to leave to pick her up from the breeder hubby was watching the channel 7 morning news. I had my short list of names ready to go with us to the breeder. Every morning the weather girl on this channel has a segment called Weather Sketcher of the Day. Kids send in their drawings to be shown on tv. The weather sketcher for this morning was a little girl named JASMINE WOLFE. Jasmine was on my list of names for the puppy and our LAST NAME IS WOLFE! Hubby yelled into the bathroom, "we have the puppys name!"

Jazzys Mom

#9 ·
That is a good question....I don't really know. I got Bailey first and just always liked the name. I also like Bailey's Irish Cream Liquor too, but I think that is a coincidence, LOL. They when we got Bentley he was going to be named Barnum, like Barnum & Bailey's circus....but that didn't stick and we still wanted a name that began with "B".:p:

#10 ·
My husband is a big NE Patriot's fan, so Brady is named after the Pat's quarterback - Tom Brady. His registered name is Twin-Beau-D's Quarterback Blitz.

I think he is just about the only athlete that my girl's know.

#12 ·
My BridgeKids
Hoagy was named after the golden from Jimmy Buffett's book "Where's Joe Merchant?"
Maggie was short for Magnolia...a great southern name...she was born on a early Sunday morning when all our magnolia's were in bloom.

Now Mr Wilson & Rocky
Wilson real name before I rescued him was Woody...his foster mom changed his name to Wilson..cause every time she would look and talk to him..she thought of the movie that Tom Hanks was in the "Castaway" and the ball that he named Wilson
Rocky's name has not been changed...there are days that he is called "The Rockster"

Charlotte
(MotherHen)

#17 ·
Ginny got her name because we intended having her speyed when she was old enough and hubby said she would be a virgin. Holly got hers because when i first saw her at 2 days old we were going on holiday the next day. People think she was born at christmas but she was actually born in june.

#19 ·
The boys were super little when we got Emmy. We were discussing names and one of them said 'Sara' which is my name. I said, 'oh that would be really confusing having two Sara's' then said how it would be like having two Aunt Monica's or two Aunt Emily's. (My sister's). As soon as I said Aunt Emily they both were like "NEMMY, NEMMY!" That's what they called my little sister who they still love to pieces. So we named her Emmy....actually Nemmy...lol

#20 ·
I had a few names in mind but I really liked Muffin, it sounds so cute.I do thinks she's the only Muffin in Belgium.
Emma, well, she's really my husband's dog so he had to pick the name. When I put her on my lap, I thought, Emma but didn't say anything.
We got home and all wrote names down. My husband took the lists, looked two minutes and said : ...Emma.

#21 ·
I'm an English teacher. So I decided to use names with literary associations for my last two dogs. My Golden who is at the bridge, was named Webster, after the dictionary. Chaucer, since he's an English Golden is named after Geoffrey Chaucer, the writer. Garrett came to me from rescue with his name. And although I keep thinking I'd like to change it, his name seems to suit him just fine.

#25 ·
My sister in law has a black mix (kinda looks like a flatcoat) and we see them a lot so when I knew we were getting a golden, I wanted to give her a name that went with his. His name is Midnite, so I decided to go with Sun, or Sunshine. One day, Sunny Delight just popped into my mind. I loved it! So she is officially Stagestop's Sunny Delight. Little did I know that people would wonder if she was a boy or girl because of the name Sonny!

And Mister, well, he came with that name. I really didn't like it, but we'd fostered him a month before deciding to keep him, and the kids just wanted to stick with it. It's embarrasing when I call him in public around men "Hey, Mister!!":D

#27 ·