Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Rooney comes from the owner's family name of the Pittsburg Steelers. We're pretty huge fans, and we also loved that it was a traditional Irish name, although we never knew it referenced to 'Champion' as we have no intention on showing him.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love Jeeps. I own an 85 CJ-7, but watching the livestreams of him playing with his littermate's, I decided Willy was it, after the old Jeep Willys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have to spend at least 24 hours with the puppy. Then somehow, the name comes to me. My daughter always picks the puppies and I always name them. Usually, The right puppy picks my daughter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We knew we wanted something unique and came up with Westleigh since my last name starts with West. A lot of people think her name is Wesley though.

·
Read Only
125 Posts
My brother played football for the Patriots( a high school) and I wanted a Patriotic name so I before I thought about Ol Glory or Freedom and then I thought of Patriot and fell in love with it!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
We always try to tie our pups name into something that the parents had in their name. Many times you will see a theme running in a line of dogs, then we always tie something new into that line...

Our new dogs registered name: Kelakye's Shoot 'Em Up Cowboy (Bang)
Kelakye's - Name of breeders Kennel
Shoot 'Em Up Cowboy - carrying western name theme of Dam and Sire shown below
Bang - call name we will use to call and send the dog on birds

201 - 208 of 208 Posts