Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote before Christmas about all the baking and candy making I do. I had made peanutbutter cookies, oatlemal/fruit drop cookies, chocolate chip cookies, decoragted sugar cookies, mollasses cookies, Scoth Schortbread and regular oatmeal cookies using dried cranberries instead of raisins (it is a different oatmela cookie recipe, different from any other and my favorite.)

I fix up trays of cookies and candies to give to neighbors and to to my vet. I had pua ll the remaining cookies into gallon storage zipper bags. I had from 1 1/2 to 3 dozen ledft of the various kinds. I had them in the laundry room in a basket on the dryer.

I went to get one of my oatmeal cookies and couldn't find hide or hair of that bag with about 3 dozen cookies (I gave fewer of them away as they are m y favorite). I decided I must have accidently tossed them away or hubby had taken them to his rig my mistake..

BUT THEN I FOUND.......THE SHREDDED BAG ABOUGT 4 DAYS AFTER MISSING IT. Honey had managed to get that bag of cookies out of that basket and had ripped the bag apart in the spare bedroom I rarely go in----and eaten every single one of them. It is a wonder she didn't get sick She must have a cast irontummy. After all, she has eaten hubby's entire wallet, an entire leather glove, several inches off leath3er bvelt, countless napkins and paper towels and even parts of rolls of toilet paper,sticks,

That girl is something else. So sweet, so loving, so attentionwanting, so wanting to always be near me (unless she has something she isn't suppose to-- and sobgetting into stuff she should not!

·
Didge's Mommy!
1,144 Posts
Haaa Haaaa.... She figured you were giving them out to everyone else, why shouldn't she get some!!!
She just didn't want to bother you for them... :p:

You just have to love our silly goldens!!! ;)

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Oh Honey...... you're a case all right. That's just TOO funny Sandra.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
HONEY HONEY HONEY!!! You go girl. Glad that she didnt get sick from them but I just had to laugh. When I started reading your story, I just knew she had gotten them. Gives you an excuse to make some more cookies for yourself.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Funny story!!

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
Silly girl!!

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
Oh Honey - you just wanted some of your momma's great baking - ya can't fault her for that ! lol I am so glad she didn't get sick. My bridge kid Tucker ate a bag of chocolate (foil and all) and three butterfly pork chops (uncooked). I think he also had a cast iron tummy - never got sick from anything. Great story !

·
Registered
303 Posts
Scoth Schortbread
You're the only person I know (other than my family) that calls them Scotch cookies. When I talk about them, I always have to explain that they're a shortbread cookie. I'm so glad to know that someone else out their has heard of Scotch cookies. :) Also, they are waaaaaaay better than a regular shortbread!

Now for Honey. How could someone with a name like Honey resist sweet treats. ;)

·
3 goldens
11,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the recipe about 42 years ago from my husband's aunt's mom who was Scotch...don't know if that makes any difference or not. At the time my one brother was stationed in Germany and I sent him "care pacakges" about once a month and I thought those cookies would hold up great in shipping. And they didl

To sned his cookies, I would wrap each one individually in saran wrap. Put a layer of popcorn in the bottom of the obx, a layer of cookes, another layer of popcorn, etc and put popcorn between cookies. He siad very, very few cookies of any kind were borken in shipping. When he was in Viet Nam a year later, he said they all ate the popcorn as well as the cookies!

I use real butter in mine, but have seen recvipes that calls for oleo. But I LOVE that real butter taste.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts