Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Enzo's mom
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:--sad:I searched on google and found many expensive grooming schools. I just want to learn grooming a show golden (I don't have a show golden, but I'm interest in it). Dose anyone know any lesson which not that expensive? thank you

·
Registered
2,322 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
No - I really don't know much about grooming. I'm just getting started and don't use a table. I hope someone else can help!

·
Registered
10,557 Posts
I use a 36 inch long grooming table, and that has worked for all of my Goldens. If I could afford it, I'd get an adjustable height table. I'm short and most grooming tables are too high for me to comfortably groom ears, etc.

I'll second Deb Oster's grooming video! It is excellent.

·
est.1989
4,374 Posts
I use a 36 inch long grooming table, and that has worked for all of my Goldens. If I could afford it, I'd get an adjustable height table. I'm short and most grooming tables are too high for me to comfortably groom ears, etc.

I totally agree Linda, I need a shorty table too!!!!!!!!! @ 5'0 they are all too tall for me as well!;)

·
Enzo's mom
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

:--smirk:I saw a 36" table yesterday in rens website, and it just need $181. Is it a fair price? The brand is Precision. Have you hear this brand before? Thank you~~~!!!!

·
16,000 Posts
I would suggest that you get to a show, and if possible, a specialty, and talk to breeders, owners, and handlers, and see if you can apprentice with someone. Learning to properly bathe and blow out a show dog is huge, and then learn the trimming needed.

I also use 36" tables - mine are adjustable and I love them.

·
Enzo's mom
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would suggest that you get to a show, and if possible, a specialty, and talk to breeders, owners, and handlers, and see if you can apprentice with someone. Learning to properly bathe and blow out a show dog is huge, and then learn the trimming needed.

I also use 36" tables - mine are adjustable and I love them.
:--saucer_eyes:i hope to, but my english is not good enough for a long communication...so...

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Yes, thanks Hank!

·
Enzo's mom
98 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts