Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
My girl Tawny had "the look" when it was time for her to go. Its not always clear but with her it was. I called it an I'm done look. Her back legs had quit working completely. When I called the vet he actually answered the phone and I sobbed out that it was time. He was so sweet and said he would come by in a few hours after my adult kids had a chance to come say bye. We fed her a bunch of zucchini bread. It was as peaceful and as good as possible and I never second guessed it with her. He never mentioned payment and when I did he said just wait, we'll send something later. Just typing this out has caused a whole torrent of tears to pour down my face. It's just always gonna be hard no matter the circumstances.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
I have read that you should look at the gums now to see how they look and then watch them. Here's a little info from a quick Google search
Even at a microscopic level, hemangiosarcoma can spread and progress throughout the body, forming large, blood-filled tumors virtually anywhere. When one of these tumors bursts, it can cause an immediate internal bleeding crisis signified by sudden whitening of the gums, weakness and collapse.
I'm sorry this even has to be a discussion any of us has. Give him a big birthday hug from me.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
I am so sorry. As terrible as these things go it sounds like you gave Jackson the best scenario possible.

Reactions: JaxonsDaddy
1 - 3 of 3 Posts