Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my question is when to spay my 6 month old Golden Retriever puppy. I know there are old posts about this but I can't seam to be able to search for them. I take my puppy to doggy daycare when I work and they have told me that they require all dogs to be neutered or spayed by the time they are 7 months old. My puppy turned 6 months old last week and they will not let me bring her back to doggy daycare when she turns 7 months if she is not spayed. I have read through old posts before that many people advise to wait to spay until after the girl's first heat. I just don't know what to do with my puppy while I'm working and I can't take her to daycare. Is it ok to spay her at 6 months old or is that too young? How long should I wait? Thank you.

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,599 Posts
The real question is do you want to do what is best for the long term health of your pup? Or do you want to do Daycare? They are in conflict with each other and you're going to have to choose.

If it were me, it would be an easy choice to punt Daycare without a second thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts