Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our moose man is growing up soo quickly and is sometimes so full of enegry, that it is a little over whelming. i'm home with moose basically 95% of the time.. i only work one week a month. and even though we take him for walks and runs and we do socialize him, sometimes i can't play with him because i'm busy and i feel soo bad for him. we have always talked about getting another golden. a female. but after moose is fixed and we decided that would be when he is 18 months (after reading posts on here and stuff online we decided to wait). but now we were thinking maybe getting one sooner.. a little sister for him to play with. i'm not sure if its too soon. or even if thats a right reason. maybe it because i always feel soo bad for him when i don't have time to play or when he's here alone.

·
Pippa and Watson’s mom
611 Posts
My husband and I felt the same way about Pippa. We work from home, so we’re always here, too, but we do spend a fair amount of time on the computer during the day, and we thought that she might like a companion.

We brought Watson home last month, when Pippa was 10 months old. It seems to be the best thing we could have done. They play together and take naps together, and when Pippa gets the zoomies, they go out in the back yard, where she shows off and Watson cheers her on (he can’t quite keep up yet ;)). And they are both also really bonded with us (something I was a little worried about at first). Watson is far less nippy with us, in fact, than Pippa was at that age, and I put it down to the fact that he does most of his teething on her, so we are spared :D.

It’s definitely a ton of work right now, though. If I take them out together to go potty, Watson’s too distracted to do his business. So it feels like there’s constantly one dog or the other whining at the door to go out! But I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. We’re in puppy heaven :lol:

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
My first three were spaced 5 years apart, and I lost one every five years... my other 6 are much closer in age and I fear everyone will be geriatric together.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
As much as I'd love to have another pup right now at school, I don't want two senior goldens down the road. If the right dog comes along, I will probably adopt, but I would like my goldens at least 3-5 years apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts