Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, Tess started vomiting quite heavily on Monday. I took her to the vet and after an IV, Pepcid and a dose of Metronidazole I got to take her home again. I put her on a diet of rice and cooked ground beef, yesterday small portions, today 3 x 3/4 cup. So far her vomiting seems to have stopped, but so has her bowel movement. She gets the Metronizadole twice a day with her food. She pees normally, but so far since Monday no # 2...The vet told me to give it another day, but it has me worried a bit. She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort, plays and runs and sleeps, is her normal self.I can touch her belly without any problem.

Attachments

·
BonnieM
152 Posts
Hi Inge, Sam's been on the same bland diet and Metronidazole. I believe it was the morning of the third day before he had a bowel movement. I was worried, too, but once things got moving again, he was fine. I hope Tess is better soon.

She has such a sweet face :)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I think as long as your in contact the vet your ok. Your feeding small amounts correct and she is peeing correct?

It can take a few days...I'd go by what your vet is saying. If she is acting fine it could be as simple as she was so empty she is using the little you give her and or her tummy is making it into solids slowly and might be a little bound up from the pepcid.

One of the puppy experts, as I call them, might know better. But I think as long as your in vet contact your good.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I think part of not pooping is because there is nothing in her system. Tomorrow I bet she will surprise you. Glad that she is feeling better.

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She pooped! I'd never think I would say this, but she made me very happy!:)

·
Registered
268 Posts
we had comet on a rice and ground chicken, started on a thursday night, his first dookie was sunday evening, and it wasn't really anything impressive at that. remember to ween her off the bland diet over the course of 4 or 5 days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts