Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When switching to adult formula kibble, should you stay with the same brand or is it ok to switch?

I'm currently feeding BB LBP chicken and rice. I've posted a thread in the past about my dog having the walking squats, slightly soft stools, we did a round of Metronidazole.....poo got better but he still occasionally does the walking squats. I've cut him back to 2 1/2 c. per day (from 3 c per day) plus treats.

So I was thinking maybe it's too rich for him and switching to the BB Lamb & Brown Rice Adult for the lower protein at 22%, fat 12%, fiber 4.5%. Crude Protein22.0% minCrude Fat12.0% minCrude Fiber4.5% maxMoisture10.0% maxCalcium1.3% minPhosphorus1.0% minL-Carnitine*100 mg/kg minOmega 3 Fatty Acids*0.40% minOmega 6 Fatty Acids*1.80% minBeta Carotene*5.0 mg/kg minGlucosamine*400 mg/kg max Crude Protein22.0% minCrude Fat12.0% minCrude Fiber4.5% maxMoisture10.0% maxCalcium1.3% minPhosphorus1.0% minL-Carnitine*100 mg/kg minOmega 3 Fatty Acids*0.40% minOmega 6 Fatty Acids*1.80% minBeta Carotene*5.0 mg/kg minGlucosamine*400 mg/kg max

Or going with the California Natural Lamb Meal & Rice with 21% protein, 11% fat, 2% fiber.

Can't decide........:bowl:

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
That would be a great time to try another brand of food. There is no universal dog food that works well for all dogs. Pick up a medium sized bag of something your would like to try and slowly switch.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I would stick with the same brand and use the adult. Someone on the forum here said that her dog has the same problems and when they went to the adult it was alot better. Later on when her system is alittle older you can try something else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts