Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
My dogs best friend
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it varies. I do not remember the first time Kayanne went into heat but that was 12 years ago. Kali is 10+ months right now and still no sign of her heat cycle.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Lilly was right near 11 mos by the time she went in.. She followed in her mothers footsteps. I would ask your breeder and ask when her mom went in.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Unfortunately Rose is in heat now at almost 9 months. It really makes me rethink the spaying - I was going to allow her to go thru two heats and then spay and was really hoping she would be closer to 24 months by then. This really brings a whole new set of questions for me.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Rumor is in season now..she will be 1 at the end if the month. Liberty had her first at 6month...

·
My dogs best friend
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It can be anywhere from six months to two years. It just depends upon the girl in question.
Wow! That narrows it down! :) I know it varies. Just wanting to get it over with. I hate waiting! LOL

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Wow! That narrows it down! :) I know it varies. Just wanting to get it over with. I hate waiting! LOL

They tend to cycle similar to their mothers so checking with the breeder might help to narrow it down a little.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Kea's first one was 8 months, which seemed early, but she was staying at our breeder's for a week while we were out of the country and a few of the girls there were in, so I think that got things going. Her next one was exactly 8 months after that, and we are waiting for cycle number 3 to start in a few months.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
They seem to follow their dam's history. Mine are usually 9-12 months, with Emmie the exception at six months...

·
Registered
16,393 Posts
Lush was 12 months, and her breeder told me way ahead that is typical for her girls.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
The girl I'm waiting on is 15 months

1 - 13 of 13 Posts