Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I had one Golden who started turning white around 4...my other two were around 7 & 8. It was one of those things that I didn't really notice until one day...boom...they were beautiful/handsome sugar face babies.

·
Ann
385 Posts
I just looked back on some of our older pics and it looks like our almost 11 year old, Lincoln, started to go a little white when he was 8. It’s gradually increased now that he’s older. We have a creme colored, 10 month old Golden, Bear, as well. Most likely it won’t be noticeable when he gets older. I just wish their nose remained black as when they were pups.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Rundle started getting white on her face when she was 2! She's 5.5yrs now, and is very white in the face. I literally have people say to me, "hello old gal," and things similar to that when I am out walking with her. Of course, if they spend even 5 minutes with her they realize she is full of energy and spunk. I don't believe her grey is at all stress-induced. She has a pretty cushy life. I think it's all in her genes. Her brother who I have kept in touch with is similarly white in the face to her.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts