Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

When can he resume daycare?

680 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  hotel4dogs 
#1 ·
Hi,
Watson is 8 months old and had a slight limp on and off for 2 months. We finally got him x-rayed and he was diagnosed with panosteitis in his front leg. He was given restrictions of not going to daycare or dog parks, no ball-chasing, and only walks around the block. Needless to say, my puppy is bored and acting wild despite my doing training sessions throughout the day. Now he is on Rimadyl twice a day and hasn't been limping for several days. Can he resume daycare? I've read that pano can last for months and that he will eventually grow out of it. I'm not expected to limit him all that time, right? Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Be sure to tell your vet what type of surface the day care is on (concrete, grass, mulch, etc). If it's concrete, the answer may in fact be, "never". Its horrible for bones, muscles, and joints. If you search the forum, probably using " daycare" for the search term, I think you'll find more information on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.