Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Ranger is 5 months old now. We went for our usual walk and I wanted to capture some good photos of my sweet little pup.

So, he smiles happily for the camera

Then he lets me take another good shot as he sits and stays in front of the fallen tree...looking so grown up...

And then....just like a teenager, he does something truly goofy (and loveable), so I'm wondering, at what age are puppies-teens?

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
In my opinion they stay knuckle headed teenagers til they are three. (And I mean that in a good way :p:) My Caue is almost two and still has moments when he tests my patience but I do see steady improvement. Oakly is three and though he still has his puppy moments is much more predictable.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I agree with Rob... and I definitely think the boys stay goofy and puppylike much longer than the girls do. (just like humans, the boys mature slower than girls ;) )

That last pic is too adorable. Love that tongue.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Doggies are different...Lucky was his terrible rebellous teens, showing his oats type teen at 5 months. From 6 months to 1 year he was "respectful"--for a lack of better word--but had his "teen' moments. He matured dramatically at about a year and half and is the tolerant, loving rather disaplined dog of today.

Wonderful pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
so I'm wondering, at what age are puppies-teens?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Muh-ha-ha-ha-ha.....
You will know by their actions.
OMG you will know........

BTW, great B&W shot with the back lighting. He looks so stoic.

·
Maryland
2,806 Posts
In my opinion they stay knuckle headed teenagers til they are three. (And I mean that in a good way ) My Caue is almost two and still has moments when he tests my patience but I do see steady improvement. Oakly is three and though he still has his puppy moments is much more predictable.

I agree fully. The really "bad" teen moments come and go, but they're awful at about 8-12 mos then again around 15-18 mos then again before they hit two. Each time they try "new" irritating things. LOL

But they do outgrow it, right before you lose your mind!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Tysen just reached the age of two and is definitely still a teenager, although I do see signs of maturity!!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
For mine 9 months started a stinker stage.. kind of testing to see what you're gonna do about it if they don't do what you say, some fits, etc. lasts a few months.. Then again at about a year and a half.. that one stinks... because they are huge and stronger. Would surface now and then and we would have to try to be patient and go back to basic obedience.. Most of the time they are precious sweethearts.. I think that is why the " buttish " things are so annoying! :(

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Your pup is gorgeous! As for teens, Gunner is still goofy at 6 but he hasn't done any acting out teen antics since he was 1. I know some goldens act out till they are 3 or older!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts