Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for sharing all these wonderful cherished memories. They truely are increditable from acts of bravery, loyalty, performance, kindness, forgiveness, silliness...it's easy to see why we love them all so much and miss them so deeply when their time has come. Once again thanks for sharing.

~Pete & Woody~

·
KCGold
1,757 Posts
My favorite is of our first title on AKC hunt tests (his last hunt test pass needed to title) with our boy Max. He was an exceptionally tough dog, and the hunt test we were running was in Arkansas. They had a water retrieve at the end of the day that required the dog to go into a pile of wood, in the water. Many of the dogs running failed the test. Most tried to swim around the pile trying to find a way in to where the bird had fallen. Our Max had none of that he took a straight line to the fall requiring him to climb over two logs lying partially in the water. He found the bird and returned directly over both logs delivering the bird to hand. Everybody cheered as he was the first in the group to pass this test...was I ever proud of that boy. We miss him very much....he is the only Golden I have ever had (so far) that would go completely underwater to retrieve a diving wounded duck!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I love remembering how easy it was to teach Sonny something. He won my husband over in puppy class, where he excelled instantly at everything we taught him. My husband (who was on the fence about getting him at all, and had never been attached to a dog) started bragging to me that Sonny was the best in his class, the smartest dog ever, should be in movies... Lol I remember one day telling him that puppy kindergarten wasn't a competition! He replied with "that's lucky for those other puppies, if it was my little guy would be mopping the floor!". Lol, miss him so much. He also never left anyone hanging when you asked him for a high-five.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've wanted a dog my entire life but because of other family members' allergies, I had to wait until after college. This past November my life changed forever when I picked up Coach and took him home. I've had so many amazing moments with him already, and I'm sure will have many more to come, but my absolute favorite has to be a week after I got him when I decided to teach him how to shake and he did it right away. I was so proud and surprised at the same time I started crying and he thought I was sad so he licked my face until I stopped. As if I wasn't before, I totally fell in love with him in that moment.

Coach shaking for the first time at 8 weeks (hopefully this link works): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1684013350363&l=8780963318219164574

·
Pearl, Lila, Betty's mom
3,147 Posts
Oh Hazel, my sweet girl I feel she was a piece of my soul. I remember waiting to hear about Winter's "vacation" and anxiously awaiting news of pregnancy. So long until they were born, and then the photo of all the pups nursing with their little back feet sticking out. I always adored her feet, her big swift and true paws. Times we spent doing agility, even though just recreationally, brought out a connection I've never had with a dog. Even thou she didn't like to snuggle, we were connected.

Then there is the day she took the most beautiful leap- I have never seen anything so glorious. We were floating in a calm section of the Salmon river, day 1 of a 7 day trip. The water was glass, and all was quiet. Our girls
Are never allowed to exit the raft without permission. But Hazel lept off the raft after a floating tumbleweed. Jeff and I were nearly speechless and in awe of her beauty. She will always be part of me.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

21 - 25 of 25 Posts