Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I've got a small website I'm building and I want to add a link on to a (possibly more than one) charity. I feel like they're a lot of good that can be done in the world and this is just my little part.

So any good charities that don't take all the money for "administrative work" and it actually is spent and makes a difference in the dog world then I would like to help dive awareness and do what I can to help.

Thanks

·
Kate
22,107 Posts
Best charities I can think of is directly donating to the shelters and rescues that need help right now.

There are rescues that do heartbreaking work. They pull very unadoptable dogs out of shelters to buy them some time while rehabbing them in foster homes and getting them adopted. Some of these are barely making ends meet and may simply need donations of dog food and things like that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best charities I can think of is directly donating to the shelters and rescues that need help right now.

There are rescues that do heartbreaking work. They pull very unadoptable dogs out of shelters to buy them some time while rehabbing them in foster homes and getting them adopted. Some of these are barely making ends meet and may simply need donations of dog food and things like that.
Are all rescues ra on donations or are some of them city/state funded?

Sorry I'm so ignorant.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I send quite a few donations to the Morris Animal Foundation, and their Golden Retriever Lifetime Study in particular.

Reactions: Tailspin

·
Super Moderator Leader
51,210 Posts
There are several Service Dog Organizations that rely on donations, they provide Service dogs free of charge to people.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This site (www.charitynavigator.org) is a great resource to include when you are determining who gets selected. It tends to have a user friendly interface and clear breakdown of what areas charities are graded on and why.
Yea I stumbled on them last night while I was up doing research. I like that they have a breakdown of how much of the donations go to the actual cause.

Thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the Golden Retriever Foundation without any hesitation. And you the fellow I just had email w re: your breeder site? I'm still trying to place that person.
Hey there. As I'm partial to Goldens, I love that. But I wanted to benefit all dogs if I can. I don't know if that's best served through research, food for shelters, or what.

Yes I am. Again I'm sorry about the emails. LOL
We've chatted over FB messenger a few times (Cory Omega). Your very knowledgeable about Goldens and dogs in general. I'd love to learn a few things if you'd consider talking sometime.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
GRF funds research that benefits all breeds, such as the enormous Shine On hemangiosarcoma study currently being funded.
OK. At least I can let that go in my head- first the website posting, and the various names it was only Jacksonville that put it together for me! And yes, we can chat sometime after June 1 when my puppies will be gone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GRF funds research that benefits all breeds, such as the enormous Shine On hemangiosarcoma study currently being funded.
OK. At least I can let that go in my head- first the website posting, and the various names it was only Jacksonville that put it together for me! And yes, we can chat sometime after June 1 when my puppies will be gone.
Oh that’s right you have a littler here. Well I’m sure you have your hands full. I’d like that.

Yea, I might have to build a separate page and list a hand full of charities and let people pick where they would want to donate. 😉

1 - 20 of 20 Posts