Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
HUNKA HUNKA BURNIN LOVE
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to be able to take my beautiful boy Ben Cartwright to work where he charmed everyone that he came in contact with.

After he passed away one of the ladies at work told me "I just loved watching Ben march around like a little general going from office to office visiting people"

My new boy will be George Patton Cartwright:)

Just got the word from the breeder and I got my #1 pic of the litter. I wanted to wait until sunday to post pics of just him but am bursting at the seems right now so here's George (on the left in both pics) playing with one of his brothers and that's him climbing on my head. What a cute little ass he has!

Ben Cartwright is gonna be proud, **** proud. Btw, the general will be coming home sunday.

Attachments

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
I'm so excited for you.....can't wait for you to bring him home....

And I gotta say that George Patton sounds better than Little Joseph, too....

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Like the name, and there was me thinking you might call him George after one of our guitaring great legends..............................George Formby.

The pics are great and he looks superb......well done !!!

·
HUNKA HUNKA BURNIN LOVE
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was Little Joe a consideration? I would've hated to ruin it for ya....
To be honest no. I was REALLY struggling over the decision to get a pup because Ben is still on my mind a lot (he passed in september) One night I was flipping through the channels and Patton was on AMC so as I'm watching it popped into my head what the lady from work said about Ben marching around like a general and I'm not joking when I say I went "whoa!" outloud.

I had not only a name, George Patton Cartwright, but a name with meaning and character. The rest is gonna be Golden history.

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
I know from experience you won't regret getting him now.... My sister-in-law got Samson for our family two months after we had to put Buddy (our miniature dachshund) to sleep.....

Samson could never take Buddy's place.....but over the next several months, he did little things that reminded us all of things Buddy had done. So really, Samson helped us relive some fond memories.....

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I am so happy for you and what a perfect name!

I actually had tears when I read your post. My friend just got a puppy after waiting 5 years after losing her Max. She could not bear the thought of replacing her dog. But it is not replacing, it is continuing on the love that you have to give.

Ben would be so happy that George Patton is there for you.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Awwwwwwww, you're right! What a cute little ass he has! And, every other part too! Hehehehe ... Congratulations! I do hope your camera batteries are fully charged & ready for the big event this weekend. Great name for your new pup! Love it.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Hooray!!!! You got your pick of the litter! We really had paws crossed for you.

And the name is great...the lil' General, indeed.....

Can't wait to start the journey with you.....charge the batteries and load the camera....only ~120 or so hours to go.....:cavalry:

·
Jester & Piper's Mom
3,325 Posts
Oh YAY!!!! I am sooooo happy for you! Thanks for sharing the exciting news with us! Ben will be so proud and the little General will carry on his legacy.

You know...my Kody died on 8/1/05 and we brought Jester home 9 months later on Memorial Day weekend '06. I kept agonizing and wondering if I was ready, would I feel like I was betraying Kody somehow, could I ever love another golden...etc. and you know...it was fine. You will see that your new pup will have his own special personality, you will never forget Ben and there is plenty of room in your heart to love another...promise.

·
Premium Member
18,110 Posts
Looks like you picked a real feisty one Ant, your going to have your hands full!

Congratulations, and welcome little George, won't be long till he grows into that name and does it proud!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts