Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I give Shianna veggies and fruit but would like to know if there are any no no's for fruit ( besides raisins and grapes) I was eating a pear and she wanted some but wasn't sure if it was o.k.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Search for a dog poison list. Most fruits and veggies are ok, but some are not so better to be safe than sorry. I know onions, grapes, avocado peel, raisins, are toxic to dogs.

Apples, carrots, bananas, melons are generally ok

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think tomatoes and onions are bad for them as well.

I was actually wondering about green peppers though because Luck just ate a diced piece of that tonight!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
My dogs love all sorts of fruits and veggies ( no raisins or grapes like you said.. also no onions). Pears, apples, bananas, carrots, green beans are all faves here.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
All of my dogs love bananas and watermelon......they share a banana every morning with their daddy!!!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Caleb gets all sorts of fruits and veggies. Pretty much whenever I'm chopping up something for dinner, or just to snack on, he gets a little bit. His favorites are: apples, pears, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, figs, strawberries, melon of any kind, tomatoes, cooked pumpkin and squash. I avoid all onions, grapes and tree nuts. I think walnuts and macadamias are toxic, so I just stay away from all nuts other than peanuts.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I heard apple seeds are poisionous as well...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts