Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
due to your dog! Now that it is getting chillier in the mornings here in the NE, I pulled out a pair of dark blue polar fleece pants that I like to wear. Within 5 minutes of being around Tucker, I now realize I cannot wear these outside of the house. Guess I need to find something that is closer to the color of Tucker, if I want to wear fleece pants, or switched to a lined pant. This is really the first article of clothing I have found that really picks up his hair. What can't you guys wear anymore?

·
Park, Cam and Ty Rule!
1,038 Posts
I used to own about 10 pairs of black pants before we got the boys... now my co-workers laugh at me because usually three out of the four days I have to wear dress pants to work, I wear khakis. I just got tired of going through so many lint rollers, so I changed my wardrobe!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, I too am sad that I cannot wear fleece anymore. I have lots of fleece pants. As for wearing black dress pants to work, I just wait until right before I go to work, put Sadie in her crate, put on my pants and leave. Then of course I take them off right when I get home.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Black is like a red flag to Magic. She always wants to rub on me more when I wear black. Too funny!

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
I wear City Knits from QVC or items made of the same fabric. Not only do the pants, skirts, dresses stretch, but black hair really isn't much of a problem. Now that I've gained weight, the stretch comes in handy, too! I'd be lost if I couldn't wear black!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I always instruct visitors to my home to not wear black or fleece and if they choose to not heed my warning, I tell them they are absoulutely not once allowed to complain about dog hair on their clothing. haha

Most of my friends wear jeans or casual clothes but I have one friend who always wears black and constantly complains from the minute she arrives until she leaves. Meanwhile she lives with two labs who I find shed 10x worse than my goldens ever do so go figure.

If I'm dressing up to go out or plan on wearing black, I dress in the bathroom at the very last minute and make sure to bring my lint brush with me for the hairs that will find me in the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
This thread made me smile. Our black pants are in the closet on hangers hiding under plastic, ha ha.. When we want to wear them it is last minute, after the dogs are crated, we go directly to the truck where I have put sheets over the seats.. and before we go in to our destination have to look them over holding a sticky roller. Suffice it to say, we don't wear them often! :doh:
I offer the roller to guest, before they leave, also. Our dogs stay off the furniture for the most part.. but the fur some how goes all over.. ( the MICROWAVE!!! :doh: )
I have a friend that owns an American Eskimo. She complains about white fur being everywhere.. :)

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought people would enjoy this. We have always had a cat, but never an issue with the hair. (Tess is only 8 lbs!) When I put my fleece on and looked down, all I could thing was "Dang, what else can't I wear anymore?" I just wondered how everyone else modified their wardrobe. It doesn't affect me too much as I mostly wear khakis and jeans, but now I realize I better crate Tucker before the suit comes out!

·
Administrator
16,463 Posts
Dark colored suits also seem to attract the dog hair. When I do have to wear one of these I make sure not to put it on until that last minute. I do not even put on the sports coat until I get to my destination.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Three Goldens, one Black Golden Mix...cuts out just about anything if you don't want hair to show.

The dogs never complain about how I look though:crossfing

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Same thing at our house! I just don't even think of wearing black, unless I put them on at the last minute going out the door!:uhoh: Sadly....it is one of my favorite colors.With the three of them, you can bet one of the three always seem to rub up against me on the way out!;) I always know whose hair it is, with the three different shades of them! LOL I keep a hair cleaning sponge in the truck...and always wipe down the seats with a towel I keep in the truck. Everyone is right....it is much EASIER NOT to wear black! LOL!

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
I dress at the last minute, don't sit down, and have a lint roller at work. I do have a camel colored skirt which is Jamie colored but we also have a black cat, a gray and white cat and a calico cat so it is hopeless!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I still wear black almost every day and I really haven't noticed a difference. I don't even own a lint brush. But I usually get dressed right before I leave, so it's not like I'm hanging around with my work clothes on.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
i still wear my black scrubs, i have a lint roller with me but i always leave a reminder of Roxy on me to get me thru the night. no matter how bad the night is, i can look at this and know i'm going home to the love of my life.

'

1 - 19 of 19 Posts