Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3 goldens
12,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do if you had pulled the coveres for the night and ten decided to get on the computer for a while longer, or if you couldn't sleep and got up and got on the computer.......and a certain dog cliamed your spot in bed.?

Honey loves for me to pull back the covrs--and then not get in bed--or to get in bed and then decide to get up. She thinks the place to be is in my spot. A couple of these pictures were taken a couple months back, and then one last week--I have my Christmas shets and comforter on the be. She looks so comfy I always hate to make her move.

Aslo, some may remember back in Oct. I post about how she wa scared of the furry jack-o-lantr in the corner spare bedroom. I leave the blind up a little and curtain pulled back a little so she can lay with her head on the window ledge and look out---our only windoes that look out front are the bedroom windows and garage door windows. Well, she wa scared to go in there with that jack-o-lanter in the chair. Someone one asked me to post a picure of it. I just got that roll of flim developed today.

Anyway, would make this sweet, precious, so comfortable angel move so you could get your spot?

Attachments

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I'm sure Honey wasn't stealing your spot on the bed. I'm sure she was just keeping it cozy warm for you. What a good girl. :p:

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
That looks pretty much like my side of the bed every night. I always get on the computer after everyone else goes to bed, and Cody is always right in my spot.... and doesn't scoot over very easily either.:uhoh:

BTW, that is a pretty scary looking Jack 'OLantern. I can hardly blame her.

Merry Christmas Sandra

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Awww she looks so cute.. I couldnt move her, Id just try to squeeze in somewhere :)

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
What wonderful pictures...they sure look familiar though. Both of my goldens had and have that down - right in my spot!!!

But recently Woody has learned that's my spot and when I "look him in the eye" he moves over to the other side of the bed. It's kinda of nice to crawl into a nice warm bed.

MERRY CHRISTMAS,

Pete

·
3 goldens
12,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will tell HOney to move and she just sigles and maybe moves an inch or so and lays ther looking at me wagging that tail of hers. Last night I actaully got into the middle of the bed--is king size--and just left her sleeping in my spot.

·
3 goldens
12,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Hunter had a game he loved to play. We IU would say "Time to go night night babies", he would race ahead of KayCee and Hunter (Buck had his own room to watch out over the front of the house) and jump on the bed and lay down onb my pillow and watch m e, tail just thumping.

I would put my hands on my hips and say in gruff boice "Move Petey (that was my nick name for him) and he woudl move to the center of the bed and lay back down. This was EVERY SINGLE NIGHT OF THE WEEK. To him it was one of his games he loved to play with me.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That was my house the other night when Tim was home. I went to go to bed and Pawley, Joey and Daisy were all snuggled up with Tim. I didnt have the heart to move them. So I went to the couch to go to sleep and they all came in. So I guess they were warming my spot up for me. Honey is so pretty and I love the one of her sticking her tongue out. I dont blame Honey for being scared of that pumpkin, it is pretty scary looking.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Cody usually ends up laying against my hip after I have to push him off my pillow. Maggie's spot is at the bottom of the bed. And Penny...... well, Penny has the "Pillow Hole"..... the spot in between my pillows and DH's. There she lays... occassionally I'll wake up and she is sharing my pillow. My idea of perfect.

·
Madilyn & Hannah's Mom
60 Posts
Yep - she is just warming up your spot. When I try to go to bed and there isn't any room (Just like BeauShel said), and lay down on the couch they all come into the living room and sleep on the floor next to the couch. After I realized that, I just say Momma needs to go to sleep now and everyone pretty much moves so I can get a good a warm spot!

·
Daisy-Broken Heart Healer
595 Posts
It's the same situation over here. Annie laying with her head on our pillows. She weighs 56 lbs., except when you have to move her over on the bed. Then she weighs about 100 lbs. I don't know how she does it, but she sure is hard to move. After I wash our sheets, the lint trap on the dryer is full of beautiful golden hair. Once upon a time, we were a "no dogs on the bed" house. Once upon a time.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I always laugh the morning after putting on clean sheets, because there in the middle of the bed, between the pillows is a little dab of Penny "nose dirt".

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
My Rusty would always jump in dh's spot if I went to bed before him and dh would have to scoot him over and he would sleep between us. Other times, after dh & I would go to bed Rusty would jump up and lay on the other side of me. It was so nice in the winter being sandwiched between the two of them! And as soon as dh would get up in the morning, Rusty would jump in his spot and we would snuggle until it was time for me to get up. I miss that so much. Of our two GR's that we recently rescued, Sammy is the only one that will jump on the bed and sometimes lay between us. But then he gets restless, moves position a lot and finally jumps down. Dusty will not jump on the bed at all, even though we have coaxed him and told him it's ok. We think he may have been scolded in his former home for getting on the bed. He is just now getting up on the couch after being with us for two months. I'm hoping that eventually he realizes it's ok and decides to sleep on the bed with us. I miss my furry bed partners!

·
3 goldens
12,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From the day Hunter and KayCee graduated from the playpen besides the bed, they slept in the bed, Hunter at the top, always on the side where my face was, KayCee about medway down to the bottom. Neither would leave the bed til I did.

After Hunter was killed by ProHearft6, KayCee tended to sleep a little closer tome. Hubby always gets up before me---when he is home--and he would ry to get Kase to go do busiess but she would et as close to me as she could and crumple, falling right on top of me. And there she would stay, looking at him, letting him know she didn't get out of bed til Mom did. And Honey does not leave til I do.

I never let our kids sleep with us. knew it was a bad habit for them to get into Then I turn around and let the dogs sleep with us. Nutty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts