Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Field trial events and training videos are the favorites.
Trail cam videos on YouTube are fun but some of the animals anger Jake, mostly the ones running toward the camera.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I wish I could get Windsor to watch AKC TV, so that he could learn by watching.
Exactly. I tried to make Murphy watch various dog competitions on YouTube, and he is completely disinterested. Tennis is a funny though - I can see how that appeals to Windsor! :D

@mods - why is there an 2nd imposter photo of Fawn appended to my OP? That is not mine.. :confused:

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Logan enjoys dogs and animals on television. He just sits and watches. He loves when I show him agility and other competition stuff -- like he definitely recognizes it.

Luke loved golf. He got that from my husband. lol

Abby, my Cavalier, acts like a little psycho when she sees dogs or other animals on television. She doesn't for CGI dogs -- she, apparently, knows they aren't real. On a funny note, when she starts barking at dogs on tv and runs up right below the television, Logan trots over and blocks her trying to get her to stop. I say, "Abby, get on the couch!" and she does and stops, but I have not been able to stop her from being a little psycho when she initially sees them. It's her only bad habit, and she's six, so.... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Murphy watches TV peacefully, but one TV character particular (shown left in the photo) sets him off bizarrely.

He growls loudly at the TV, sniffs the back of the TV, and becomes really agitated trying to find a way to get at the character. He instantly calms down when they are off screen, and then is instantly agitated when they are back on screen! Why?

Green Plant Lawn ornament Gesture Grass

·
Registered
848 Posts
Perhaps he thinks they are toys for him ? Look pretty chewy to me :)

We watched the AKC National championship last night, Addy actually sat up, so she could see better, I am saving the recording, I think we could both watch it again :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Percy will pretty much watch anything that is on TV, but for whatever reason, he’s always loved Fresh Prince of Bell Air 😂😂 I have videos of him since he was little of him watching it with me 😂

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I had to pull this thread back up because I was amused by Murphy watching a Hallmark movie with my girls last night......
Furniture Vertebrate Picture frame Comfort Wood
Furniture Comfort Dog Television Lighting

My daughter had come home after finishing exams on Wednesday and he was sitting on the edge of the couch beside her...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts