Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they love the snow? I'm guessing they do but how about the cold? Farmer's almanac is calling for a COLD winter. Do they like to wear those little dog boots or a sweater? I had a collie for 11 years and do recall she liked the snow but I was wondering if Goldens are different during the cold season?

·
Registered
32 Posts
We don't normally get much snow but last year we had a record 18" at once. It was a big deal to us. Anyway... Kyra was good in the snow. she didn't have booties or anything like that. We were just careful to clean her feet when she came it. The only negative thing that happened to Kyra was when played outside for a while she got COVERED in snow balls. They stuck to her fur and didn't want to come out for anything. Other than that it was great.

·
Registered
813 Posts
My goldens love the snow. Duke loves that it is cold and likes to lay in it. The snow excites Bailey. She gets the zoomies when it snows and likes to make puppy angels.

They don't need sweaters. I think mine actually like the cold. I tried boots (it was actually for mud though) and it was totally a no go. They had them torn off in seconds. If you had a tolerant dog they would keep snowballs from forming between the toes.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My goldens love the snow. Duke loves that it is cold and likes to lay in it. The snow excites Bailey. She gets the zoomies when it snows and likes to make puppy angels.

They don't need sweaters. I think mine actually like the cold. I tried boots (it was actually for mud though) and it was totally a no go. They had them torn off in seconds. If you had a tolerant dog they would keep snowballs from forming between the toes.

That's a good point. Not sure he'd like it much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts