Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
5,024 Posts
I haven't read all 7 pages, but to answer the original question, for myself and myself only, I place value only on two categories of titles: conformation and hunt/field titles. And I mean all of them, in conformation from the CCA up, and in hunt/field from the JH up. Any other titles may be fun or impressive, but not something I personally judge a Golden Retriever on.

Beyond that, I see that people are arguing their pet arcane issues, and I have no desire to jump into the middle of that. In those things, everyone is right, everyone is wrong.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The FC goldens - I do not see many in obedience. Talking specific lines that are producing current FC dogs. Like Semper, etc.]

FYI, I have a Semper golden, she is the littermate to Mulligan, FC Maci's father and she obtained an OTCH quickly. She is extremely focused and biddable and an amazing field dog.

·
Kate
23,501 Posts
Beyond that, I see that people are arguing their pet arcane issues, and I have no desire to jump into the middle of that. In those things, everyone is right, everyone is wrong.
No, it's called find something very random to be angry about and pile on. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile - I just gotta say.... any time you have people doing stuff with their dogs and being thrilled with everything their dogs are and can be. It's the bees knees.

BTW - speaking of titles. :)

I was sitting down last night doing monthly bills with my mom (I'm her accountant, caregiver, etc). We finished up by 11PM and she was going through her junk mail pile (catalogs, flyers, etc) and handing those over to me to throw away. One stack in particular, she told me was all trash. <= fortunately I was paying attention before putting the stack in the garbage bag I was holding. I saw the corner of an envelope that looked familiar. I was yanking the AKC cert for my Jovi's CD out from the rest of the stack in a heartbeat and giving my mom an aghast look. :D

My mom asked me if I was going to put the cert up in a frame and I kinda shrugged that off. The CD's where we struggled or had to overcome a hardship to get them (the novice A CD Danny with his limping issues, CD after 3 years with Jacks with his sound phobias and utter refusal to stay, etc) - those got frames. Because the harder they were, the more I valued that title when we finally got them. But it took 2 Saturdays about 2 or 3 weeks apart to get Jovi's CD and all without actively attending obedience classes in the last 2 years because of covid. I have his high in trial ribbon hanging on my home grooming table and it will probably always hang there unless we win more of those darling things and then I will probably hang those up on the wall behind the grooming table. The paper title itself - I'm sticking in the file next to his other obedience title and we are focusing on getting the next one. That title if/when we get it will go up in a frame <B

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
No, it's called find something very random to be angry about and pile on. :rolleyes:

My mom asked me if I was going to put the cert up in a frame and I kinda shrugged that off. The CD's where we struggled or had to overcome a hardship to get them (the novice A CD Danny with his limping issues, CD after 3 years with Jacks with his sound phobias and utter refusal to stay, etc) - those got frames. Because the harder they were, the more I valued that title when we finally got them. But it took 2 Saturdays about 2 or 3 weeks apart to get Jovi's CD and all without actively attending obedience classes in the last 2 years because of covid. I have his high in trial ribbon hanging on my home grooming table and it will probably always hang there unless we win more of those darling things and then I will probably hang those up on the wall behind the grooming table. The paper title itself - I'm sticking in the file next to his other obedience title and we are focusing on getting the next one. That title if/when we get it will go up in a frame <B
lve disagreed with a couple of statements, but I’m not angry about what has said. It’s their opinion and they’re entitled to it. I was honestly trying to see what was important to the majority. I’m currently working on a few titles. RAE, Master, and Utility. These types of titles are what’s important and realistic for me right now. He has a CCA so that’s as far as I’ll go in conformation.

As for what to do with your title certificates, get yourself a 3 ring binder and some page protectors. Each of mine has their own binder for their specific paperwork. It has all their clearances, titles, and registration papers. If anyone wanted to see any Of Pilots paperwork, I could just pull his folder show them everything.

Reactions: Megora

·
Kate
23,501 Posts
As for what to do with your title certificates, get yourself a 3 ring binder and some page protectors. Each of mine has their own binder for their specific paperwork. It has all their clearances, titles, and registration papers. If anyone wanted to see any Of Pilots paperwork, I could just pull his folder show them everything.

This is a really great idea.

Currently I have a mixture of clearances and titles on my dresser and I'm not honestly sure where I put their registration papers.... o_O! Might be up there too. It would be nice if I could get a little more organized.

One of the puppy people wanted to have copies of all of Bertie's clearances just to keep (everything was posted on OFA) - and that put me in a panic back then searching for them on the dresser, glove compartment in the car, top shelf in my closet.... !

141 - 145 of 145 Posts