Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our heater in the house went out won't get fixed until next Monday, and lately, it has been cold here in california, dropping down to about 30-35 degrees at night. Our 6 month old puppy sleeps in the laundry room and I noticed that it gets probably about 5 degrees colder there when the heat is not on. That is the only place where she can sleep where we can close the door so she doesn't neeble on anything when she wakes up. She also chews on the blanket and any shirt that we put on her. Is 30 degrees too cold for a 6 month golden?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Is she crate trained? If you don't take her to bed with you, you could put her crate near your bed, and put lots of blankets in there, so she will be warm, and close to you. That is pretty cold for a puppy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is crate trained in the morning, but at night she sleeps in the laundry room in a doggy pillow. I don't mind getting her in the bedroom, but she is shedding and my wife gets the allergies from her coat shed.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
That's definitely way too cold for a puppy. I agree with everyone else regarding having her sleep in your room where it's warmer.

·
Logan & Lacey in R hearts
1,814 Posts
Do you mean the house inside is 30-35 at night or are you talking about the outside temps? I am in California and that has been our temps at night. If this is correct, this means the house is still about 50. Still a bit chilly. If you need to leave her in the laudry room, just make sure there are lots of extra blankets for her. Maybe wrap them around her dog bed so she can sink down into them like a nest. Perhaps you can get her use to wearing a T-shirt during the day so she won't chew on it at night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts