Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! First of all I would like to say thank you to everyone for answering all of my questions I have posted. Its so exciting having a new puppy and our family is in love with our little guy and we appreciate all the advice!

So, Fred has been sleeping in a crate by our bed since we brought him home but he has outgrown his current crate (borrowed from a good family friend). I tried letting him sleep outside of the crate last night but the poor thing just whined and scratched at it until I let him crawl back in for the night! He LOVES his crate. Sooooo, Im off to do some shopping for a new one today but I dont know what size to get. I want to get one that he can grow into. the two sizes I cant decide on are the Large at-42"L, 27"W and 30"H...or the XLarge at- 48"L, 30"W and 33"H. I know it doesnt sound like a huge difference but our room is pretty small so it makes a pretty big difference. I want to get the one that will be big enough for him to grow into though...any advice on which one I should get? thanks again for all your help!:)

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
48 is gigantic. I know because we have one sitting in our room! :) Both Jack and Chloe fit into 36" crates fine to sleep, but if they were in them all day I'd probably go with a 42. 48" is like a condo, its way bigger than necessary! especially if space is a concern

1 - 5 of 5 Posts