Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Flora was fine, itchy-wise, before I dropped her off at the boarding facility we use here. Five days later I picked her up, and the scratching began. This is like, panicked scratching that will come out of nowhere, scratching her flanks while standing up, chewing her legs, and she'll start to kick her legs everywhere if I'm rubbing her belly and happen to scratch one of those sweet spots. :confused:

It's driving me nuts! She'll wake me up in the middle of the night with her scratching. I gave her a bath on Friday as well as a Capstar pill in case she had fleas, but she's shown no change. Could it be the indoor heat? I know the little cabins she stayed in at the boarding facility were heated, but I've had the heat on at my apartment before I took her to the boarding place, so I don't know if it's that.

I feel sorry for her, but I have no idea what's causing it.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I figured it out - fleas!

She's developed the beginnings of a hot spot on her belly, and the last time that happened was because of fleas. I guess the place she was boarded at had fleas, bummer. :(

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Aw, that's crappy she's got fleas but hopefully it's a relatively easy fix! One more reason I'm glad I live where I do...no fleas! Or scary bugs/spiders...

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Glad you found the cause quickly. They are a pain especially in your climate. Clean Flora and bomb your house.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Fleas, yuccch! I hope that the facility cleans up completely before they accept any more clients - AND pays for your flea treatments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts