Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Enzo's mom
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to find a handler for one of my Bichon Frise now, and I saw some handlers' websites which give a boarding and conditioning rate. Im wondering what the service means? Just do the boarding or they will train the dog for showing?

Thank you everyone:)

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Boarding and conditioning is usually the cost to have the dog stay with the handler while being prepped for the show ring. I know in my guy's case, conditioning includes making sure he gets adequate and appropriate exercise on a daily basis, so that he is well muscled and in good weight for the ring. It also includes almost daily coat care and preparation to get his coat in good condition. This includes trimming and shaping the coat so that it doesn't look "just cut."

·
Enzo's mom
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boarding and conditioning is usually the cost to have the dog stay with the handler while being prepped for the show ring. I know in my guy's case, conditioning includes making sure he gets adequate and appropriate exercise on a daily basis, so that he is well muscled and in good weight for the ring. It also includes almost daily coat care and preparation to get his coat in good condition. This includes trimming and shaping the coat so that it doesn't look "just cut."
thanks a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.