Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I will be getting my 8 week old pup this weekend. I have been doing a lot of reasearch on what foods to feed. His breeder currently feeds him Hill’s Science Diet Healthy Development Puppy. Does anybody have any experience with this kibble? Is there a better kibble I can switch him over? If I continue to feed Hill’s can I add Freshpet home cooked meals? Can I add some boiled chicken to his meals?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I have been looking into PetPlate(home cooked meals) does anybody have any experience with them? I first want him to get acclimated to his new environment before I go changing all sorts of stuff.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I'm not familiar with the foods you mentioned. I fed Rukie Purina Pro Plan Focus Large Breed Puppy and Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy and he stayed lean and healthy on them. I agree don't change anything for awhile then switch very gradually from old to the new.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Honestly the hills the breeder has your puppy on should be a good one. Hills is one of the brands that seems safe from DCM for now. Hills, royal canin, eukenuba, Purina pro plan. And I think their is one more but I can't remember it sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts