Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GR Lover
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Since I got Dexter, he has been eating Medical (puppy until he was 4 months and Adolescent since then). Elle is eating Blue Wilderness Grain Free for large puppy. I was looking into Taste of the Wild and was wondering if Dexter (7months) would be eating TOTW puppy or the regular kind?
Also, where do you guy buy this food? I checked 2 petsmart around where I live and they don't carry it.
thank you

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
My crew eats TOTW and has done really good with this. We don't have the puppy brand but this is supposeto be for all ages. It is sold at our Tractor Supply store (not at Petsmart either!). One food for all the dogs = a happy Mom.

Reactions: Ellejee

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Bentley is on TOTW and I have been feeding the non-puppy formula since he was 5 months old. We get ours at a local feed store.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Kasey is almost 9 months old and she has been off of puppy food since 7 months. You can go on taste of the wild's web site and find out where to buy it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Here in Nevada TOTW is carried at a lot of feed stores. It is not generally carried at any pet store that I have seen including Petsmart or Petco.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ellejee

I noticed you are in Vancouver BC Canada. The TOTW does not indicate any distributors in Canada. But if you search for Blaine, WA you will find several BC distributors

·
GR Lover
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ellejee

I noticed you are in Vancouver BC Canada. The TOTW does not indicate any distributors in Canada. But if you search for Blaine, WA you will find several BC distributors
Oh thanks Calistar.. I never thought about looking at their website for distributors.. thanks! :)

·
GR Lover
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to Mr Pets and they are charging $64 on the 30 pound bag of pacific stream. So I decided that, since I needed to go across the border to get some mail and packages I would check the price of it in the US. They sell it for $44. 20bucks is a lot of savings when you buy that item over and over...

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you'll buy Pacific Stream for Dexter in the states, feel free to buy a bag (or two) for Oscar :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
I went to Mr Pets and they are charging $64 on the 30 pound bag of pacific stream. So I decided that, since I needed to go across the border to get some mail and packages I would check the price of it in the US. They sell it for $44. 20bucks is a lot of savings when you buy that item over and over...
$64? Yikes! We found the prices here in Las Vegas we about $48 for a 40 lb. bag of the all life stages food. I remember the Pacific Stream was more expensive and after some research we decided to go with the non-fish based formula to see how our dogs reacted. They adapted well and we never have considered using the Pacific Stream. The only people that we know that use it had dogs with skin allergies which we fortunately have not had a problem with.

Never suspected that the pricing would vary that much between the US and Canada! Glad you found that out. We have three dogs and that $20 would mount up to a substantial savings over the course of the year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love TOTW....I was feeding all my pets the high prairie formula and my dogs did wonderfully on it even as puppies thru adulthood! I'm really really bummed that they dont have it oversea's. The best food I can find around here is Canidae and I'll feed that over beneful anyday. I cant wait til we return to the states and my pets can go back on TOTW.

·
GR Lover
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
exactly! Dexter's food right now costs us $100 per bag (33lbs - Medical) and since he has skin allergies, I thought I should try TOTW since everybody seems to recommend it. That's also why I chose the pacific stream. I am hoping it helps with his allergies.

Yea Canada is very expensive.. something that costs $10 in the US will cost at least $12/13 in canada although it's the EXACT same thing... you might say "oh that's only 2 extra bucks" but when it is on everything you buy, it adds up to a lot.. that's why I do all my shopping in the US.. including the gas for my car.. I have saved A TON of money doing this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts