Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Nope, you are not the only one who does this. Cocasse and I think using a crib mattress is awesome.
I have even split one in half (depthwise/thicknesswise - are these even words?) and made two large beds for Mr. C. I also like that you can buy all kinds of sheets for the beds which makes for easy cleanup. If you know someone who has a child that is graduating to a bigger bed you don't have to pay a cent for it!

I am probably the only one that does this, but we used a really nice crib mattress for Gabby's bed. It was covered with a soft jersey crib sheet and soft fleece baby blanket or throw. It was great because it was waterproof and the sheets and blankets were super easy to wash (plus I got to buy cute stuff in the baby depts). We have all hardwood floors so I even cut a rug gripper to size to stick under it and keep it from moving. We ended up having one next to our bed and one in the livingroom. She loved them both. Good luck :)

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Vito loves his bed that we got at Costco. He is the same way- loves to sprawl out across beds. It is definitely big enough for him to do that no problem. :)
I picked up a couple of the Costco beds just because they were so inexpensive. They are in the livingroom now and the big Petsmart beds are back in our bedroom. I like the Costco ones because of the price, that's for sure ($18 per bed and big, comfortable beds).

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Kurandas do great outside. When the weather is nice, Syd likes to stay outside for several hours and I put one under the carport for her ( we have 3). It's much better for her ( she's 14+) than lying on the cement or even grass.

Another big plus for them is that they're easily cleaned or even disinfected.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts