Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Mom to Holly and Rosie
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
When Rosie was a pup, she helped herself to a 1/2 kilogram bag (approx 48,000) of tiny seed beads in my workshop. She ripped open the bag and must have run with it.....we still find those little beads!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,446 Posts
My worst dog for eating things was Lyndi. She once enjoyed some nice fresh horse poop over at my sister barn and a few years later she also enjoyed a nice large crunchy Praying Mantis she caught in the backyard.....:yuck:
 

·
Official Trout Bum
Joined
·
4,216 Posts
I was out cutting wood and Sammie ate some wild mushrooms - called the vet and he said just keep an eye on her any problems show up bring her in. She was fine.

My brothers English Setter loved rocks - the first one he ate put him in the hospital when it stopped things up - the vet went in and removed it. Then a couple of months later he did the same thing and off to the vet again - the vet asked my brother if he would like to have a zipper installed on his dog to to get the rocks out more easily.

This same vet had a golden who swallowed a whole tennis ball - his dog actually passed the tennis ball - ouch!

Knock on wood, Woody hasn't got into anything yet but I'm sure he'll find something somewhere down the line - they all seem to...

Pete

 

·
2 goldens and a BMD
Joined
·
841 Posts
My berner ate my checkbook -- twice. He's also eaten a screwdriver, a few remote controls, multiple plastic parts, paint sticks, etc. Needless to say, we gave up ever leaving him uncrated.

Cisco, has a paper/cardboard fetish, but as long as you don't leave paper around he's fine. He even at the cardboard center out of a roll of electrical tape:


The young one, has (knock on wood) never really eaten anything he shouldn't except for possibly something right before his first birthday that made him really sick. 3 days in the hospital, followed by emergency surgery never really turned up a root cause (only thing found was two tiny plastic pieces in the wall of his stomach -- which I'm about 95% sure are from a nylabone). That's by far the scariest thing and since we don't know what the root cause was, I'm still kind of on edge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Dan (RIP, heart dog, lab): a week's worth of food from neighbors camping on their propety (whole chix, steaks, cheese, marshmallows, etc).
He also ate a 2-layer heart box of chocolates (minus 4 pieces we ate)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
The worst so far is a toad!! He licked it a bit and got all the foaming in his mouth. He is fine now though.
 

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
Joined
·
8,164 Posts
My daughter's dog Riley is partial to womes's underware :doh:....My last golden, Sandy also loved woman.s underware and kids socks...the first time she ate a sock I called the vet in a panic...we brought her in, he put a pill in her eye..yes :yuck: in her eye... and a few minutes later she threw up the sock..and part of MY underware..I was very embarrassed because my daughter (5 at the time) said OH look mommy theres your underware!!! LOL
Misty does like the plastic water bottles, I thought just to chew on but found out she was eating the plastic,oh and she also lOVES bully sticks...but when they get down to about 4-5 inches she sword swallows them....i know this because she threw up one and I watched her try to swallow another..no more bully sticks for her...poor baby.
 
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Top