Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I ditto what Alan says, its so lovely to read such nice responses and posts from members and sad when they are not quite in the same spirit :uhoh:
I popped on to say too that I am reading this from my hospital bed where I have had to stay for longer than originally thought after arriving here unplanned as an emergency. This of course left the mod team one down and in their usual cheery way just told me to get well, they had me covered. :smooch:
I hate letting them down and I have limited internet here that cuts on and off, when I go to post this I bet I have no connection again :doh: When I can connect and if I feel well enough I try to check some posts and keep up with what I can as until I became a Mod I had no idea how much work these guys do to keep the board as safe and nice as possible. :) Theres several main tasks I cannot do from hospital which I know they are carrying and I am very grateful for...so why am I saying all this? Just because I wanted to back what Rob said..I honestly dont think theres room for anymore tasks to be undertaken and those that are done need to be ones that can be totally checked out from all sides or we also risk being accused of allsorts, please few and resolve little. :(
I would love a solve all solution for nasty pm's but I really dont think theres one thats workable as people will be people so yes..put them on ignore and just continue to be one of lifes nice crowd :D :wave:

Hope you're out of the hospital and well on the mend quickly. FEEL BETTER! Sending you some healing thoughts and prayers.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
As I learned in Kindergarden "Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones but Names Will Never Hurt Me!"

·
16,000 Posts
If you ignore someone you can still read their threads/posts. You just have to click the button that says show post or something like that. I have a few people on ignore.

Its not about learning the basics I dont think. MY issue is when someone personally attacks someone they get a warning for defending themselves. I often wonder (and I am sure I am not the only one) is if Gold Members, Silver Members and whatever else there is gets leniancy because they contribute financially to the forum.

I didnt post this to create drama, so please dont take it that way. It is a concern of mine.
Trust me. Paid subscribers get no special treatment.

·
Supreme Member
4,621 Posts
I am glad that it hasn't happened to you.
I don't think you should have to ignore them. We are human and will probably get upset over them.
If it happens, you can get in touch with a moderator and make that person aware of what is going on.
On the other hand, sometimes, people mean well and it doesn't come accross like that on a forum. Think before you write so that you might not hurt anyone elce.

·
Super Moderator Leader
44,910 Posts
I'm a Silver Member and don't receive any special treatment.

There have been many times I have been shocked at the lack of respect some members have shown to other members in several posts, especially ones that are attacking a specific member. Some of the posts I've read have been very rude, nasty, and unneccessary IMO.

This is a Public Forum, whatever you post is out there for all to see and can be pulled up at any time. I try to choose my words carefully partly for this reason but mainly out of respect for other members.

I was raised to respect everyone, their life style choices, their opinions and view points. I may not always agree with them, but I do respect them. Everyone is entitled to their own choices.

If I find something or someone offensive to me, I ignore it, life is too short to spend it surrounded by drama-don't need it, don't want it.

You have to respect yourself before you can respect another person.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I'm confused now. I understand that Moderators cannot do anything about abusive or threatening Private Messages; however, when I look at the PMs I receive there is that yellow button with the ! to report those types of messages. If I got one of those messages, and I decided to flag it, would the MODs be able to read it?

I did an experiment and sent a Test Message to myself and that yellow button wasn't on that one.

So, I'm confused...and not for the first time.:uhoh:

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Before I was a mod, I had no idea people sent deliberately hostile or mean PM's for the sake of proving a point or just being plain mean. Can't we just get along and agree to disagree sometimes? I never understood the need to belittle others or harass someone. I truly enjoy cooresponding with the people of this forum and learning from one another!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Isn't that what this forum is about?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts