Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why am I seeing threads in every page about pole vaulters and wives looking like a man's daughter?

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,394 Posts
I turned my adblocker off and I am seeing some sponsored threads in different sections on the board. Not what you mentioned, I saw posts from Upbeat News.

Is this what you're referring to?

When I have my adblocker turned on, I don't see them.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,394 Posts
Laptop, Windows 10-Chrome browser, classic view

ADBLOCKER turned off

History Daily-https://historydaily.org/42-unbelievable-retro-photos?utm_source=nativo_tc&utm_campaign=tc_529_DESK_42retro_2&utm_medium=tc

Upbeat News-https://upbeatnews.com/mom-selfies-in-daughters-dorm-and-soon-realizes-it-was-a-huge-mistake/?utm_source=nativo&utm_medium=kts&utm_content=nv_kts_003&utm_campaign=un_nv_dorm_pg_dt_us_0530_001_kts&utm_term=Pets+1632

Attachments

·
Registered
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that's them. But I see them from Obsev and History Daily. Threads are things like, "Don't gasp when you see these photos!"

I won't! Because I won't look at your spam thread!

I don't get how they are posting threads on the forum if they don't have an account.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,394 Posts
Yes, that's them. But I see them from Obsev and History Daily. Threads are things like, "Don't gasp when you see these photos!"

I won't! Because I won't look at your spam thread!

I don't get how they are posting threads on the forum if they don't have an account.
They're "sponsored posts".

If you have an adblocker you won't see them.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
What is a sponsored post?

·
Administrator
16,463 Posts
I will tag and admin and may be they can explain better what the sponsored threads are. These have only crop up in the last few weeks and I see them on their other pet forums as well. @admin

·
Administrator
16,463 Posts
I will tag an admin and may be they can explain better what the sponsored threads are. These have only crop up in the last few weeks and I see them on their other pet forums as well. @admin

·
Registered
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do have an ad blocker. I see these sponsored threads in every page of the forum now.

Seems odd that you can't post a question about your dog's health in the training section without it getting moved to the right section - so why are we seeing threads about pole vaulters and wives not being daughters in any of the Golden Retriever threads? It's just ugly and cheapens the whole look and presentation of the forum as a serious place to learn about the breed.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,394 Posts
I do have an ad blocker. I see these sponsored threads in every page of the forum now.

Seems odd that you can't post a question about your dog's health in the training section without it getting moved to the right section - so why are we seeing threads about pole vaulters and wives not being daughters in any of the Golden Retriever threads? It's just ugly and cheapens the whole look and presentation of the forum as a serious place to learn about the breed.
What adblocker are you using? I use Ad Block Plus, I only see these threads when I turn it off.

The threads are Sponsored posts, they are not made by a member who has an account. There is no way for the Mod Team to moderate them.

·
Administrator
1,070 Posts
Hello there,

Got some news on this.
These are an ad campaign that was sold incorrectly
The software that deployed these were out of date that won't allow us to retract them.
At the moment tech is working on getting them removed.
Also once the ad campaign stops, they'll be automatically removed.

Sorry everyone,

Ed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts