Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7mo golden doesn't have his perfectly clean pink ears anymore. Is this normal for dogs as they grow up or should I be concerned? He gets in the pool (not submerged) and rolls in grass everyday.

I clean his ears regularly: once a week but lately I wipe them out with cotton balls soaked with some flush every couple days. It's reddish-brown and "dry", meaning it doesn't wipe right off unless I squirted some flush into his ear first. I use TrizUltra+Keto.

In the past when I cleaned his ears once a week, they would be slightly stinky and I'd clean them as soon as I notice him scratch them. Recently they don't smell or itch, and just seem to build a bit of residue everyday.

Am I not treating a possible infection or should I just keep regularly cleaning them?

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Why do you use a keto product without knowing he has a fungal issue?

I wash my dogs' ears out every week when I groom and bathe them- sometimes there's brownish discharge but it's not something I would worry about unless there were chunks of stuff there, or I couldn't easily wipe it out or they smelled. THEN I might use a keto product!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts