Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and again I see a rash type thing in Lincolns ear. It doesnt itch him or anything and goes away eventually. I just wanted opinions on if it looks like rash to you guys? Its not raised or anything. Its usually only in the same ear it happens

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Is the ear tattooed? If you mean the red part, that does look like some kind of infection or rash. Sorry I am not much help.

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not talking about his tattoo that read 0349. I was referring to the redness in his ear. Hes on antibiotics for pyoderma so I dont see how it would be infection. I thought maybe just a rash. Im hoping he gets it one day im at the vet so I can mention it to her. I just cleaned out his ears and put some ointment on the redness

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
It kinda looks like the scratch marks that my cats sometimes get.

I know this is unrelated, but can you still read the letters before his tatoo number? What kennel is he from?

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hes not from a kennel. Yes they are very readable. He has one tattoo in each ear. Same numbers. One goes one way the other the opposite. I did this because the spca here had issues where they would only look at ONE ear on the dog and say "oh no tattoo" and put them up for adoption. So I put one in each ear so they couldnt do this. I wasnt planning to neuter him but then I decided to put him under for a vasectomy and I was getting a microchip done at the same time but instead my vet had issues understanding a vasectomy didnt mean take his balls away :S

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMO neutering isnt healthy. Which is why I chose to leave his hormones that his body needs to function alone and just eliminate the ability to reproduce.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Just a naive guess, but given the parallel stripes, it looks like scratch marks to me.

We had Joker neutered last February, months before his 10th birthday. The reason? His prostate gland was enlarging and two vets told me that neutering him was the best bet to stop it from getting worse.

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a naive guess, but given the parallel stripes, it looks like scratch marks to me.

We had Joker neutered last February, months before his 10th birthday. The reason? His prostate gland was enlarging and two vets told me that neutering him was the best bet to stop it from getting worse.
You had a medical reason to neuter yours :). I will not neuter anymore of my dogs unless theres a medical reason for it such as prostate issues or testicular cancer. I dont go by "it prevents this and that" when the chances of this and that happening are low.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts