Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's achieved based on the accomplishments of the offspring but it can be earned in either confirmation or field, I assume in obedience as well, etc. Is it the AKC or the GRCA that awards this title? What are the requirements to earn the title in each venue?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
20,985 Posts
Its a title Teal will be helping Tito earn when she gets her MH :)

·
Super Moderator
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We were just out with Teal and her trainer! Big improvement with live ducks today, I'm so proud of her. Since learning about the triathlon award I think she's going to have to shoot for at least a CD on top of a CCA and WCX.

·
the party's crashing us
4,172 Posts
OK So really basic, and this won't be 100% accurate every time, as there's a delicate point system involved that will spell it out exactly.
But basically, you count the number of offspring that have "8 point" or higher titles in any venue. Those would be CH, UD, SH, AX/AXJ, TDX or higher in each venue.
An Outstanding Sire needs at least 5 qualifying offspring with 8 pt or higher titles, and an Outstanding Dam needs at least 3. They don't have to be all from the same venue.
My Fisher has at current count, 17 different offspring with 8+ point titles. So he's an Outstanding Sire 3.5 times over :)
They don't really count it past the original 5, though, but it's sure fun to keep count!

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts