Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 10 yr old Black & Decker coffee pot is finally biting the dust. Has anyone had good luck with a coffee maker that will keep your coffee hot?

My sister has a Hamilton Beach that has no pot, just put your cup to a lever and push. Coffee seemed to stay good and hot to the last cup, so looking at this, but does anyone have a good suggestion.

We are not big coffee drinkers, but want a cup...no many cups in the morning. Would rather invest in a GOOD one and get the coffee we like. We are not fancy, no coffee-latte's, or expresso's, just a good cup of hot coffee will do us fine.

If I am going to have a nervous breakdown over the dogs, why not do it with a good cup of coffee???

What does everyone recomend?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I was looking at those coffee pots with the stainless steel carafes a few years ago when we replaced ours. I have some friends that have them and I'm told that the coffee stays hot forever. I have another friend that has the Cuisinart version of the one that has the lever and no pot, and that seems to stay hot forever too. I have a Cuisinart with a glass carafe. It functions great, but the coffee doesn't stay hot for long after it's unplugged :(

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep my old one has a glass pot too and honestly doesn't stay hot and starts tasting "old" before 1/2 pot gone. Also looking at the carafe's too. We have a large Bunn with a thermos at work and that coffee is piping hot even after setting all day, but bunn coffee makers are over $100 - yikes! Also don't know if it would fit under the cabinet??

Just tired of the old glass pot and ready to look for something better.

Ok, others...what have you liked in a coffee pot?

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
One of the BEST gifts I EVER bought my wife is her Keurig. And she tells me this all the time. Serves up a nice hot cup of coffee whenever you want it. Easy, low maintenance and not really that expensive. She's had it for three years and still RAVES about it.

Reactions: Deb_Bayne

·
gone
1,443 Posts
I got my Keurig last year and use it every day, we are not big coffee drinkers so this is perfect for us, the temp of the coffee is great the choices of coffee flavors is also varied even the teas are good. My hubby likes his tea and English Breakfast is his choice, however the water is hot enough for him to use his regular bag tea and no more kettles to boil. The Keurig heats up within 2 minutes and ready to go. I usually buy the ground coffee and you can buy the reusable k-filters too, saves on the expense big time.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I wanted to get one with the insulated carafe, but the ones I was looking at had very small openings in the top, and I was afraid that they'd be difficult to clean out.

Have you considered Keurig? Personally I hate how the coffee tastes from them, but lots of people love them. :)

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
We have a Bunn, it always has warm water in it, so we can use it for tea, hot chocolate ect.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Keurig--definitely the best.

A close second--Hamilton Beach's scoop coffee maker. It makes a cup similar to Keurig using your own grinds in a scoop. It's a one cup maker though and it doesn't have automatic ons/offs if that is important to you.

Cuisinart Grind and Brew with the steel carafe. You can get them at Frys now fairly cheap--they may be refurbished there though. BB&B carries them and you can use the 20% off coupon there.

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Got to say,keurig.
I think those Keurig coffe makers are an awesome idea!! You only brew what you plan to drink, and they have so many flavors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My sister has the Kuerig and the coffee from it is wonderful, however the price of the coffee (for me) is horrendous, $11.00 for 18 cups!

I have a Hamilton Beach insulated carafe coffee maker that I bought about 10 years ago and love it, it keeps the coffee hot all day and it doesn't get the old burnt coffee flavor. I did have the carafeless coffee maker for a few months and I found I didn't like the taste even though I used the same coffee.

·
& Sawyer's & Quinn's too!
2,740 Posts
I like my Keurig, but more often than not, we use our Cuisinart. It brews quickly and keeps the coffee hot.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I looked at the carafes but you can't see how much coffee you have left!

I think the Keurigs are cool but I don't like waiting for it to heat up and brew. My old Mr. Coffee brews quickly, I can interrupt it and pour my cup anytime, and it stays hot!!!! It may not be cool to have a Mr. Coffee nowdays but it works great for me. : )

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only Keurig's I have seen you put an individual little pkg of coffee in. I am a dunce, and don't even know what I like. Would need a regular pot where I can shovel in Folgers and make a pot.

Cuisinart has some nice ones and I really like their pans, wonder if the workmanship is as good for their coffee pots?

You can tell how starved I am to shop, if I am excitedly going to stores looking at coffee pots!

Thank you all for your imput. I am hitting the stores again tonight. If any of you think of another type or brand, let me know.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
The only Keurig's I have seen you put an individual little pkg of coffee in. I am a dunce, and don't even know what I like. Would need a regular pot where I can shovel in Folgers and make a pot.
They sell a little strainer that you fill yourself with whatever brand of coffee you prefer. While it takes some of the convenience out of it, it does keep the cost down. Also Folgers makes K-Cups for the Keurig.

Reactions: Dallas Gold

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Cuisinart has some nice ones and I really like their pans, wonder if the workmanship is as good for their coffee pots?
We've had a Cuisinart in daily use for many years now...by far our longest lived coffee pot. As I recall, the only reason I bought it was that it fit the same filters that our old pot did, and I just bought 200 filters when the old one died. :)

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
We've had a Cuisinart in daily use for many years now...by far our longest lived coffee pot. As I recall, the only reason I bought it was that it fit the same filters that our old pot did, and I just bought 200 filters when the old one died. :)
I actually had something go wrong with my Cusinart Grind and Brew 2 years after the fact--they sent me a whole new machine and my warranty was expired! The replacement is still going strong, though it doesn't get the coffee as hot as the Keurig. I like the Keurig so much I bought the Cusinart Keurig machine--fantastic! You can get them at Costco with some K cups at a great price!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts