Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

341 - 360 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I joined the GRF when Hudson was only a mere pup. At the time he liked to dig holes. I though that this would be the lifetime quirk of this new golden. We joked about changing his name to "Doug" or "Jaws". Doug became my user name that represents my boy... who has never dug another hole since LOL!

Photo: http://smedley.id.au/Hudson/GoldenMemories/#DSC_7997.jpg

·
Administrator
16,464 Posts
I joined the GRF when Hudson was only a mere pup. At the time he liked to dig holes. I though that this would be the lifetime quirk of this new golden. We joked about changing his name to "Doug" or "Jaws". Doug became my user name that represents my boy... who has never dug another hole since LOL!

I was sort of wondering about your username........ :)

·
Pearl, Lila, Betty's mom
3,147 Posts
stupidest name

I wish I had been more creative when choosing a name. But at the time, Hazel was dying so I just went with my default name I use on other forums, mostly whitewater rafting forums. lhowemt, Laura Howe and I live in Montana. As exciting as day old toast. I've thought about changing it, but haven't, and I'm not sure I can.

·
Pearl, Lila, Betty's mom
3,147 Posts
"Far Out Space Nuts" was a TV show from the '70's by Sid & Marty Krofft. They also did "The Buggaloo's", "Land of the Lost", "Sigmund and the Sea Monsters", "Dr. Shrinker", "Electra Woman and Dyna Girl", "HR Pufnstuf", etc....I was very, very little when these shows were on...the first TV shows I remember watching.
wow, I TOTALLY forgot about Electra Woman and Dyna Girl!!! What memories, loved those shows :)

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
LOL! I thought that many people might have been so this is a GREAT thread:)

It also represents a very special moment in time for me ie the wonder of getting to know my new soul buddy and the pleasant surprises that goes along with this.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I hate my username :/ but I know they can't be changed..

It's the name of a Pokemon, the same name I have used everywhere on the internet since I was 16, wish I hadn't gone and done the same thing here.

I still like that Pokemon but I hate the past 10 year's associations with the username (and having the same name everywhere makes it very easy to track me down too).

·
Chipper'sMom
126 Posts
Rosebud is a nickname my husband gave me when we were first married and it stuck. Corner is my last name. I added the two and use this name for everything online. Like so many of you, I wish I had gone with something having to do with my Golden boy. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
My screen name is a very loose translation of my full name in Japanese. We lived in Japan for several years and students always enjoyed translating my name and drawing characters and cartoons. Bridge to the moon:)

·
Tom (owned by Diesel)
317 Posts
I used the names of my previous and beloved Goldens that have past on. :(

It was just fitting to me as a constant reminder that we only have these angels with us for such a short time (it seems).

341 - 360 of 372 Posts