Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 372 Posts

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be a cool idea for a thread - as some people's screen names are hard to decipher! (Obviously all of the ______'s dad/mom's are exempt from this :D)

I wish I hadn't signed up with this screen name, I just automatically do all of my screen names the same so I remember them! This one was given to me during my orientation in University
'mm' - my initials
'03' - the year I started Uni
'gn' - random letters that were computer generated

DH is "ks03pf" - and he still uses that one sometimes as well! I know there are some strange (and not so strange) screen names on this board - so please share what they are derived from!

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Mine is obvious. But for the horse forums I use Casey1 (my first horse), that is how I keep the two different forums straight. Then of course there are the early ones I joined, there I use my full name.

·
Registered
358 Posts
my kennel name!

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
The first real forum I joined was a rescue messageboard and I used the name fostermom because I foster for a golden retriever rescue. Now I use it for all of the forums that I am a member of so that I can remember the name. It's even my name on my Weight Watchers' account. LOL

·
Chloe and Cedar's Mom
718 Posts
Mines pretty easy.. Dog Luver because I obviously love dogs.. Thats why Im on here.. and the 04 is my anniversary with my fiance, August 4th. and it just so happened to turn out to be Cedars birthday, July 4th! lol I use 04 for everything!

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
I wasn't bright enough to think of a cool name - so :
riddle - last name
03 - the year I was married.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I tend to use mine for almost everything too. Cubby-san was the name of my first dog, who was a shih tzu. I got him for my 11th birthday and sent him to the bridge when I was 27, so he was a big part of my life.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Doodle was a nickname for my first dog. His name was Chip, but our vet has a habit of making up cutsie nicknames for them, and Chip's was Chippie-doodle (kind of musical when you say it). The nickname stuck so we often called him Doodle for short.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,002 Posts
My name came from a couple different stories....

Short version 1: my initials are SJ and when you say it out loud, it sounds like essjay.
Short version 2: my name starts with "S" and my boyfriend's name starts with "J".

Long version: I always grew up with a minimum of 4 other Stephanie's in my classes since kindergarten, so I was always "Steph Jones" to my friends. Then as we got older it got cooler to shorten it so it became "Steph J". I met a friend in high school who thought that my last name was actually "Jay" from everyone calling me Steph J. Coincidently in my last year of highschool, I met a "Jay" who actually became -and still is- my boyfriend. And THEN..... in college, my best friend was also named Steph so our guy friends would just call us "SJ" and "SR" and they still call us that now!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
It's my first name..... well, I didn't want to use "Gwendolyn":doh::doh:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Pretty simple for me. "magic" and "lover". I am a magic lover. I made the name before I had Jazz.

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
I do like this thread and wondered the same question about many names. I have already had some answered:) My screen name is obvious first name last initial.

Cant wait to hear from moverking and olik!:D

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Liberty is my heart dog and ME are the initials for Maine

·
Rufus' Mom aka Linda
1,357 Posts
I've been a mom to three sons, a Malamute mom, a German Shepherd mom and a Great Pyranese mom...but never a Golden mom. When Rufus came into our lives I became a New Golden Mom. Now I wish I'd used something else because I'm not new anymore but changing it would be weird, so I guess I'll be New Golden Mom forever.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Bruce Springsteen wrote and sings Jersey girl:

Down the shore everything's alright,
You with your baby, on a Saturday night ...

Don't you know that all my dreams come true —

When I'm walkin' down the street with you
Sing sha la la la la la, sha la la la ...

I'm in love with a Jersey girl.

O2bthatgirl...;-)

1 - 20 of 372 Posts