·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Mine smell like a dog...... either a dry one or wet one.....:wave:

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Well, MY dogs smell like.............

Atticus is a purebred Golden. When we got him as a puppy, the breeder told us to smell his feet. We did. Smelled EXACTLY like Fritos corn chips. EXACTLY. Whether his feet are wet, dry, muddy or clean, if you smell 'em--they smell like Fritos.

Jordie is about 90% Golden. His feet smell 'kinda like' Fritos.

I actually thought the Fritos toes smell was a Golden trait...........

It isn't?

SJ:bowl:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Shy usally smells like my perfume because she lays on me, or snuggles up next to me, so it rubs off on her... so she usally smells like cotton candy, coconut, Chanel, etc.. whatever I happen to be wearing.. I have too many perfumes to list them all.
I find even when shes wet she doesn't really have a wet dog smell. I think maybe its because I bath her fairly often, about once to twice a month.

·
Registered
168 Posts
This May sound weird but the Frito / Stale Popcorn Smell is from the carpet or at least thats what I think. Get down on your floor and take a whiff and you might recognize the smell. All my animals paws smell like fritos. I had a Husky 10 years ago with the same smell on her paws as my 2 kitties do now. I hope our new rescue has Frito paw. This sounds so odd but to me that scent is great, it smells like love!

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
I did write a silly poem once... written from the perspective of my Golden Retriever puppy. I can't find it, but I remember this part:

Ah, bliss!
Summer sunshine rays
Oh, mist!
Foamy sea sprays
Just this!
All I need for happy days...

Isn't that something a Golden would say about a day on the beach? :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I suspected as much. Hey, would that be a forum-worthy contest? Folks could submit either serious imagery about their Goldens or silly limericks about life from a Golden's perspective ... AquaClaraCanines already submitted the first!

·
Amber's Owner
2,100 Posts
Amber smells like Amber... We don't really notice!! I guess we got used to her dog smell. When my Mum visits I always ask "Does the house smell?" She always says no but I don't believe her (not with a 24Kgs. dog in the house!!!).

I do use a good industrial desinfectant (3+ times a day though) and lots of my favourite air freshner GLADE "Magnolia & Vanilla".

She does smell DOGGIER after she messes around in the rain and get muddy of course...

After a bath (once a month) the stronger doggy smells stays for a day or so, than she smells heavenly like a baby for 2 days TOPS!! Than back to normal doggy smell which we love.

I must say that when I kiss the top of her head and I breath in, the doggy smell is actually conformting (not sure why)... And I kiss her some more than I say "YAK!!" and tell her that I love her. We all do it.

As some of you might know I have been a little concerned about Amber's "ammonia" smell problem for over a month so DOGGY SMELL - WE SIMPLY LOVE IT!!!

PS: I wished she smelt like BACON!!! - Our favourite breakfast!!!

·
Harvey's Dad
142 Posts
PEANUTS!

Or Basmati rice :scratchch

That's what Harvey stinks of. Well his feet do... when he's sleepy usually. :)

·
Banned
2,085 Posts
mud--leaves--cat litter--water---cat food--the TP she ate--the trash can she dug the q tips out of (must taste good)--the dirty laundry she rolls in and swims with---

In short--she smells like a very happy dog.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts