Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jackson is always burying his head in the snow and often keeps it under the snow like he's looking for something. I wonder what he thinks is down there?

Do you think they're discussing the weather?

Attachments

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Cute pictures....my two do that but I know they are looking for tennis balls. Gross dirty frozen tennis balls! Yes the weather or whats for dinner :)

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Maybe he is training himself to be an avalanche dog. Mine do the exact same thing when we have lots of snow.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Marty too. I think there are smells. I know he sticks his head in like deer tracks and then stares off in the distance like "oh there it is". And you know how some dogs on a walk will sniif and go on? Riley our previous pup, would stand there for hours at the same spot if we allowed it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oh, I am so jealous! I would love to take Daisy to the snow! It rained hard here a couple weeks ago but we didn't make it up to the mountains in time to see any snow. =(

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
If you ever figure out what is in there let me know... mine do it too.

Wonderful pictures

·
Registered
274 Posts
What was in there? I am very curious!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There was actually nothing under the snow - I checked to be sure. At times I think he's training to be an avalanche dog. Jackson will intentionally bury a toy in the deepest snow then dig for it and bring it to me.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Penny does the exact same thing. I always think maybe her nose got too hot.

We got her in February and there was a lot of snow. She'd dive her face into the snow and then push with her little hind legs, propelling herself down the hill with her little fuzzy butt above the snow. I'd never seen anything like that. She's had us smiling from day 1.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts