Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
One of the first members!
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They were born on April 29th, they were dewormed last week, and next week they're having their first shots. :p In a couple of weeks they'll be leaving to their new homes :no: , that will be hard but I'm happy because we've found the best of homes for them and they will be loved and taken care of. I'm enjoying the experience very much and am learning a lot, with the help of books and internet and this forum! Thank you so much, see the babies playing with their toys.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Beautiful babies! Makes you want to keep them all.

·
One of the first members!
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi thanks for your messages. Pepe, Aimé had 10 puppies but one died shortly after he was born, so now there are 5 (6-1) boys and 4 girls. Boogity I don't think it's a good idea to keep all, they eat like lions and want to escape from their place (see second picture) and then just when I'm sure they've already learned where it's supposed they have to make their "dodoos", I have to begin all over again and wash and clean the floor, the toys and themselves. Goldenspirits, here in Mallorca I haven't seen darker goldens; the father of the puppies, Tatoo, is just a bit darker than Aimé. And in Argentina I only knew one brown (and not too dark) golden. By the way, I see you are in Southern California, you know most of the franciscan convents over there were founded by a Mallorcan, Fray Juníper Serra? He was born in a town called Petra that is in the middle of the island and there is a museum that tells all about it. I loved Southern California when I went some years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Aimé said:
Goldenspirits, here in Mallorca I haven't seen darker goldens; the father of the puppies, Tatoo, is just a bit darker than Aimé. And in Argentina I only knew one brown (and not too dark) golden. By the way, I see you are in Southern California, you know most of the franciscan convents over there were founded by a Mallorcan, Fray Juníper Serra? He was born in a town called Petra that is in the middle of the island and there is a museum that tells all about it. I loved Southern California when I went some years ago.
seems like most Goldens in Europe are the lighter color. Didn't know about the franciscan convents. There's quite a few missions around here, I live an hour from Santa Barbara and 2 hours from San Diego.

We lived in Europe for a few years a couple years ago. Both my husband and father were in the military and stationed in Germany, and my mother is German. We spent quite a few years in Germany growing up and then again with my husband. We travelled quite a bit and I have such fond memories. We did visit Mallorca once, it was so beautiful. We stayed in Santa Ponsa. Hopefully one day we will be able to come back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts