Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a color ad in the local free doggy newsletter advertising this product.

At first I didn't see all the supposed "benefits" since they were advertising
it as a Fall fashion accessory for your dog.... but I do think it's going a bit in the Paris Hilton direction???
http://www.softpaws.net/

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I think they are silly.. If you groom properly the " problems " they address will go away! Most dogs would eat them, any way! :doh:

·
Allie's Mom
256 Posts
I've seen those caps made for cats and I've heard nothing but bad things about them. They rarely stay on long enough to be effective. I think those are just a waste of money!

·
Fergus Roy's dad
217 Posts
I think Fergus would make his best attempt ever at hey I'm glued to the floor and can't get up routine.

Dave

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I used them (the clear ones) on one of my cats who was scratching the carpet. They worked well on him and I suggest that to anyone who wants to stop their cat from scratching stuff.

I guess they would work if you really are worried about your floors or if you have a dog who scratches at doors when they are closed.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
On the surface, the color thing is ridiculous.

But, I had thought about them in relation to my dad (wait, not to put on my dad...hang on). Fergus and Lily have scratched my dad by accident on a few occasions despite using a dremel on their nails so they're rounded (they are still capable of a scratch). He is on blood thinners because of a blood clot he developed on a long car trip last year. One little scratch and you'd think he'd been gored by a bull with all the bleeding. It got me thinking that something like this wouldn't be so bad if you are in that kind of situation around people with thinner skin on a regular basis. So maybe a small dog who lives with an elderly person and could accidently scratch them would benefit.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Maybe some snow boooties like they use on slwed dogs might be a better idea. unless I misunderstand how the booties work to cover the pads and paw area. Just a shot in the dark.

-B!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
We actually tried these on our cats a while back when we got our new living room furniture and they do NOT work! First of all, it is harder than anything to get them to stay still long enough to get them all on, plus they don't even stay on for more than 5 minutes! Luckily, our cats don't seem to have much interest in scratching our microfiber furniture.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Soft Claws

I just put these on my 10 wk old puppy tonight in an attempt to save my hardwood floors. We used the clear ones as the colored ones seem ridiculous, but we are hoping for the best of results based on the suggested purpose of them. I'll keep you posted on how they work. My DH is nicknamed Felix for his anal ways, so if he thinks they will work then they really do have a chance!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts